Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Think Reich will at least be a better fit for the Colts than McDaniels was going to be.

Then again, I'm still of the opinion that aside from the hassle of having to retain three of McDaniels' guys for at least a year, they dodged a bullet in him not ending up in Indy.

Reactions: LarmerHOF

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
what handling of the draft? Identify your QB and make sure you get him? That's what he did and it was a pretty good move. We have not give away anything we can't get back and nobody knows who might have jumped us. The Texans and Chiefs traded up too giving away future 1st rounder.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This fallacy about the Bears being "robbed" by the 49ers needs to stop. Did people forget that the Bears were able to recoup some of those picks in the trade down with the Cardinals?

49ers DID NOT rob the Bears. This is absurdity needs to stop.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and BK

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What does Foster have to do with our GM and his handling of draft?
Lynch did extremely well trading a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G. That said, it sounds like Belichick called up Shannahan and pretty much gave Garoppolo away. Lynch's first round picks of Thomas and Foster look skeptical at best. There's a reason Foster slid down the draft.

As for Pace, the jury is still out. He's had some wins and losses. It's really up to Nagy and Trubisky now. It's really as simple as that.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Janikowski was cut. He's 40, but better than anything the Bears have right now IF healthy.

Reactions: BK

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
18 years with team is a hell of a run

He and Brady are only one's I believe left active from that draft class (It was Urlacher's draft class)

-- Edit P Shane Lechler the former Raider is still active and plays for Texans --

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I get it, but I hope they don't think Grasue (sp?) is the answer
Grassu played for Helfrich at Oregon. They could move Whitehair to guard. The Bears might want more mobile linemen. Kelce is also an undersized center for the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->