BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

So they're not going to let a head coach pick his own guys? That's an ever bigger bind then not letting a GM pick his own head coach.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Oh, I'm going to be looking at some Hoosier friend reaction online now.
Shouldn't have even been considered for the job, since Kraft is a clown always looking to stick it to the Colts ever since Deflategate. I didn't want him as the coach anyway. Maybe now they get Reich.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nah

Jeff Fisher to Colts! (Imagine the misery that would put fans thru)

Seriously some coaches will be turned off now that they will be forced to inherit several guys

Will be interesting to see who come in for interviews here. Also they know that they really weren't wanted for job which will turn off people because they will think Colts will move on from them down line if someone bigger in name comes available

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Nah

Jeff Fisher to Colts! (Imagine the misery that would put fans thru)

Seriously some coaches will be turned off now that they will be forced to inherit several guys

Will be interesting to see who come in for interviews here. Also they know that they really weren't wanted for job which will turn off people because they will think Colts will move on from them down line if someone bigger in name comes available

Florio is saying they already have 3 interviews lined up in the next two days since they saw this possibly happening. Amazing. Probably gonna be Toub.

Dave Toub could replace Josh McDaniels as Indianapolis Colts head coach

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That might be one of the shittiest things I've ever seen a person do in professional sports. :shakehead

McDaniels will never have the opportunity to be a HC anywhere ever again. He better hope that he can make a 15-20 year career out of New England.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I just wonder if this has a deleterious impact on how other teams deal with the Pats going forward. Teams already tended to dislike the Patriots for various good and bad reasons, but this move seems more than just another drop in the bucket. Some may even laugh at the Colts being screwed over, but I think the issue of the assistant coaches that already signed on to Indianapolis taking McDaniels at his word that he'd be their boss will have more legs in people's minds.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t understand why you’d actually sign his assistants before him. That’s just dumb on everyone’s part.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don’t understand why you’d actually sign his assistants before him. That’s just dumb on everyone’s part.

Definitely odd, no doubt. Colts bamboozled themselves there, but we're still talking about guys that took McDaniels at his word only to be caught in no man's land almost assuredly on an extremely tight leash for whomever their head coach happens to be.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don't blame the Colts. You should be able to feel comfortable that a grown man will honor his word.

McDaniels was my first choice for the Bears job. With this in mind, I'm glad he didn't get the job.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Definitely odd, no doubt. Colts bamboozled themselves there, but we're still talking about guys that took McDaniels at his word only to be caught in no man's land almost assuredly on an extremely tight leash for whomever their head coach happens to be.

They didn't sign anyone until after the first interview with him. They then had a second interview to square away all of the details. If you can't trust a man at his word after his second interview, then I don't know what else to say the Colts should have done. All of the other assistants would've been rolling the dice without agreements in place. Probably should've never done business with New England to begin with, but Ballard probably thought the Colts and Patriots were on good terms since they sent them Dwayne Allen and Phillip Dorsett--hopefully now he knows to just leave those clowns alone.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Especially hilarious after all the talk that mcdaniels had matured since the Denver debacle.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Tony Dungy coming out publically against McDaniels for what he did to those coaches speaks volumes of how McDaniels is viewed around football world now

Also

Not defending McDaniels on any level, but Tony Dungy choosing to side with the Colts instead of the Pats doesn't really say anything at all.

Reactions: RayP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dungy is well respected voice around league and he is not siding with Colts. He is coming out against how the guys who went to Indy to work for him were treated

Also another guy who is well respected around league going after McDaniels as well

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad