Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Offense looking good. Every time I watch Dalton I can't believe how shitty he looks. He's like rex Grossman only he has an elite receiver to force his passes to.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Nice effort by Green there. Bounces off him and gets picked, and he just stands there and sulks instead of trying to tackle the interceptor.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Bears might just get Marvin Lewis fired tomorrow. Blown out at home by one of the worst teams in the NFL? Ouch

This is really nice for us Bear fans to see. Yeah, I know the pick. Blah, blah, blah. We're seeing progress here, especially from trubisky. This is what we needed to see.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
The Bears might just get Marvin Lewis fired tomorrow. Blown out at home by one of the worst teams in the NFL? Ouch

This is really nice for us Bear fans to see. Yeah, I know the pick. Blah, blah, blah. We're seeing progress here, especially from trubisky. This is what we needed to see.
Nice to see the kids play well. I look forward to see them with a capable OC.

Reactions: Sarava

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There the Bears go again winning meaningless games and ruining their draft pick. This had a chance to be a franchise-altering draft, as the Bears picked a QB last season. They could have had an extra 1st for the next two seasons, but now they are probably picking in the 8-14 range as they will finish 5-11 at worst. 6-10 or 7-9 is possible as well, as Detroit is out of it and Minny might have their seed wrapped up after week 16.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
There the Bears go again winning meaningless games and ruining their draft pick. This had a chance to be a franchise-altering draft, as the Bears picked a QB last season. They could have had an extra 1st for the next two seasons, but now they are probably picking in the 8-14 range as they will finish 5-11 at worst. 6-10 or 7-9 is possible as well, as Detroit is out of it and Minny might have their seed wrapped up after week 16.

I don't get how a Bear fan can't be happy with todays game. Mitch Trubisky developing is 10x more important than whether the Bears pick #13 or #9 next year. This is what fans and the franchise needed to see to feel good moving forward.

Reactions: BK and Fortyfives

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Why is it not ok to want Mitch to play well but the Bears lose anyway? Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I would have been ok with Mitch not playing that great, but showing progress because of the franchise-altering nature of this upcoming draft, but whatever.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Trubisky was outstanding today. Shaheen, Howard, Cohen, Jackson, Fuller, etc played well. That's what you call a good rebuilding win.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Why is it not ok to want Mitch to play well but the Bears lose anyway? Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I would have been ok with Mitch not playing that great, but showing progress because of the franchise-altering nature of this upcoming draft, but whatever.

To each his own. I'm not telling you how to be a fan. Personally I'd rather we see as much progress as possible from Trubisky.

The kind of win that would have irritated me would have been like the Bears playing like crap, but a few lucky plays falling their way and causing the win. This was nothing of the sort.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Eagles look damn good. I am not saying they are the same but the Bears are in a position to add WRs via FA similar to how they have once they got their QB.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Went skiing all day and missed the game, but great to see Trubs had what sounds like a very good game. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->