Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
With Nelson's OL coach from Notre Dame with the Bears, I am going to assume he's #1, and that's the guy I want the Bears to pick. If he isn't then why the hell do you release Josh Sitton?

Other options I like at 8 would be Edmunds and Ward. That's it. Otherwise, I try and tempt Buffalo or Arizona to trade up to the 8th spot. For this to work a guy like Mayfield (not buying rumors that Cleveland will take him at 1, but then again this is Cleveland) or Rosen would have a slide a bit.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
With Nelson's OL coach from Notre Dame with the Bears, I am going to assume he's #1, and that's the guy I want the Bears to pick. If he isn't then why the hell do you release Josh Sitton?

Other options I like at 8 would be Edmunds and Ward. That's it. Otherwise, I try and tempt Buffalo or Arizona to trade up to the 8th spot. For this to work a guy like Mayfield (not buying rumors that Cleveland will take him at 1, but then again this is Cleveland) or Rosen would have a slide a bit.
This is supposedly a really good and deep draft for interior linemen which is why we could wait until later rounds to pick one. One of the benefits of having a great coach like Heistand is you don't NEED to get the #1 prospect in the draft since you have a coach who can get the best out of guys.

IMO a linebacker in round 1 and then a guard/center in round 2 is kind of ideal at this point.

Reactions: RayP

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This is supposedly a really good and deep draft for interior linemen which is why we could wait until later rounds to pick one. One of the benefits of having a great coach like Heistand is you don't NEED to get the #1 prospect in the draft since you have a coach who can get the best out of guys.

IMO a linebacker in round 1 and then a guard/center in round 2 is kind of ideal at this point.

Why settle for a good OG when you can get a GREAT OG prospect?

Don't really want a LBer in rd 1, though. Nelson will most likely be the best player on the board and I will be thrill with that pick. But if Buffalo comes a calling with their 2 firsts, then I would gladly trade back. Barring a significant trade, I want Nelson @ 8.

Reactions: Paul Allen

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I would be fine with most things today. The only thing I don't want is for them to trade up for Nelson. If he falls to #8, then sure grab him if he is BPA on their board. We don't need to be throwing later round picks away though. There's other guys worthy of #8 that will be there.

Reactions: Illinihockey

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I would be fine with most things today. The only thing I don't want is for them to trade up for Nelson. If he falls to #8, then sure grab him if he is BPA on their board. We don't need to be throwing later round picks away though. There's other guys worthy of #8 that will be there.

The only thing I'd be against is if they moved out of 8 into the 20's. If they did that they better get an absolute haul of picks.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Why settle for a good OG when you can get a GREAT OG prospect?

Don't really want a LBer in rd 1, though. Nelson will most likely be the best player on the board and I will be thrill with that pick. But if Buffalo comes a calling with their 2 firsts, then I would gladly trade back. Barring a significant trade, I want Nelson @ 8.

Well sure, in a vacuum I'd prefer a great guard to a good guard, the same way I'd prefer a great something to a good something. The problem is we only have one pick in the first round, so it's about WHERE you want to be great. I happen to think there would be more impact to the Bears if they drafted a great LB and settled for a good guard than vice versa.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want a LB in round 1 either. OLB is a critical pass rush position in Vic's defense and ILB is just a critical position in his defense in general.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Would people be happy with Smith? Don't know that much about him.
I'm sure there are people that know and watch more on hear than I do, but when I saw him play (mostly the playoffs), I loved him. He was always around the ball and would hit hard. If Bears can't get Nelson, he's my 2nd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad