Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Can you imagine the chaos of all those egos in one room, one one team?!? :laugh:

Having all of those guys in one room is a guarantee for your team to implode before a game is ever even played.
Can you imagine having all the egos of Marshall, Bennett, Cutler, and Jeffery in one offensive huddle?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Meh. Cutler and Jeffrey not really. Nowhere near all those others combined.
Cutler has a HUGE ego. That was his issue. He thought his arm was strong enough to mask this deficiencies. He continually called out his receivers and linemen for apparent mistakes until it was too late. Even at the end of his career, he thought he should only start.

On the surface, Jeffery was quiet. However, he still demanded top 5 receiver pay after missing numerous games due to injury and PEDs. When he got to free agency, he had to take a massive pay cut. That said, Jeffery ultimately got the contract he wanted ... but now he's injured again. It's not like Jeffery can't be a headache.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cutler has a HUGE ego. That was his issue. He thought his arm was strong enough to mask this deficiencies. He continually called out his receivers and linemen for apparent mistakes until it was too late. Even at the end of his career, he thought he should only start.

On the surface, Jeffery was quiet. However, he still demanded top 5 receiver pay after missing numerous games due to injury and PEDs. When he got to free agency, he had to take a massive pay cut. That said, Jeffery ultimately got the contract he wanted ... but now he's injured again. It's not like Jeffery can't be a headache.

As far as I know, neither of those guys has/had the reputation that Marshall, Bennett, OBJ, and Dez have.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
As far as I know, neither of those guys has/had the reputation that Marshall, Bennett, OBJ, and Dez have.
Cutler had his issues earlier in his career. It's not an accident that Urlacher called him a bleep when the Bears first traded for him. He got a lot better later. People who questioned Cutler were full of BS though. Cutler's been tough since getting his head beat in at Vandy.

However, you are right ... he's nothing like Dez or Marshall. OBJ has always been liked by his teammates.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
On the talk of cross-draft QB comparisons...

1. Listening to 670 this morning, Greg Gabriel was on and said he'd take all of Trubisky, Waston and Mahomes over and QB in the upcoming draft.

2. Matt Miller has them as...

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Darnold
4. Trubisky
5. Allen
6. Rosen
7. Mayfield
8. Watson
9. Mahomes

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This will probably be wrong, but I don't like Mayfield at the next level.
Picking a QB is like playing the lottery. The higher the pick, the more lottery tickets you get.

There's a minimum requirement for arm strength, size, mobility, and intelligence ... and then roll the dice.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Someone is going to pay through the nose to jump up to get a QB, but I don’t think we draft early enough to take advantage.

:rant:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
This years draft is crazy. The Bears could pick one of about 6 players, they could also move down. Can't remember a draft like this

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
This years draft is crazy. The Bears could pick one of about 6 players, they could also move down. Can't remember a draft like this
It really is.

I think the ideal scenario for the Bears is 3 QBs taken ahead of them and then they trade down a little bit.

If they stay at #8 I'm really starting to think they get a pass rusher, either Landry or Davenport. I also think Smith makes more and more sense.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Landry is my dark horse of who will be picked way higher than he's currently being mocked. Could definitely see the Bears getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad