Bears and NFL Talk Thread LI: Bears don't win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Fox’s past jobs didn’t have issues like this it seems like. It is starting to look like this is just a quick money grab before retirement. It is whatever at this point. I just hope Pace can find the right coach for the team.

Jim H with Fangio staying seems ideal.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Trubisky pocket awareness is starting to become a question mark

He holds ball too long often and doesn't look to get rid of it under pressure
I don't think you understand football. Yes, he's holding the ball and took some sacks. He'll get rid of the ball with more experience. It's obvious the staff told him to not take any risks. So he didn't. Threw the ball away when he could ... and took a could of sacks when pressure came up the middle. No QB can elude pressure up the middle.

The one fumble he had was his fault. Trubisky said he left his first progression too quickly. It didn't hope the Bears were also going hurry up.

In regards to small windows ... the Bears receivers don't get separation. Even Ronde Barber said it. And if your coaching staff stressed not to turn it over, then you shouldn't throw it I to small windows. That's called knowing your role. Something Jay Cutler never learned after a decade in the NFL. The fact Trubisky understands that after a game, that's growth.

Trubisky wasn't great, but he kept his poise on the road. He missed some receivers early, but that's to be expected. And when it counted, he made a play to win the game.

What I saw was a kid who's a quick learner ... who doesn't make the same mistakes over and over again. How many throws did Trubisky throw across his body today? ZERO. The kid's not stupid. Let's hope he keeps growing.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
At least we got the win today! Couldn't hardly believe it blowing that lead, but as i told my pop, remember these are the Bears. Those 2 hikes near the end :ha:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Well Packers fans ... you laughed at Glennon, but now you have a Glennon of your own starting for your team. Hundley is going to turn the ball over many many many many times.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the Steelers.

Bears should be all over that one.
Don't know. He's a head case. If you're struggling with Big Ben at QB AND Brown on the other side, I question how good he is. That being said, I'll take him for a 6th or 7th round choice.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Trubisky Looks like a real Player and a QB that will be good at the NFL Level. Best idea is to not let him have the Football. Fox sucks

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't think you understand football. Yes, he's holding the ball and took some sacks. He'll get rid of the ball with more experience. It's obvious the staff told him to not take any risks. So he didn't. Threw the ball away when he could ... and took a could of sacks when pressure came up the middle. No QB can elude pressure up the middle.

The one fumble he had was his fault. Trubisky said he left his first progression too quickly. It didn't hope the Bears were also going hurry up.

In regards to small windows ... the Bears receivers don't get separation. Even Ronde Barber said it. And if your coaching staff stressed not to turn it over, then you shouldn't throw it I to small windows. That's called knowing your role. Something Jay Cutler never learned after a decade in the NFL. The fact Trubisky understands that after a game, that's growth.

Trubisky wasn't great, but he kept his poise on the road. He missed some receivers early, but that's to be expected. And when it counted, he made a play to win the game.

What I saw was a kid who's a quick learner ... who doesn't make the same mistakes over and over again. How many throws did Trubisky throw across his body today? ZERO. The kid's not stupid. Let's hope he keeps growing.

Agreed, the 2 things that stood out, as you mentioned, he didn't force things and his ability to throw an accurate pass while on the run was very impressive. Barber mentioned it too, something about how he keeps his shoulders level even though he is running off to the side of the field.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If all his problems are pot related, then I say sure bring him on in. It would be nice for Mitch to have someone with a shred of talent to throw the ball to.

But I honestly don't remember what his prior issues are.... but like I said, if it's just pot then who cares.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If all his problems are pot related, then I say sure bring him on in. It would be nice for Mitch to have someone with a shred of talent to throw the ball to.

But I honestly don't remember what his prior issues are.... but like I said, if it's just pot then who cares.

I believe it is all pot but it is multiple times where he couldn't pass on the puff puff pass.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Whatever happen to Josh Gordon? Will he be reinstated? He was unreal, would love to have him.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Bears obviously need WR help, but he's going to be a UFA. Is giving up an asset, even a low draft pick, worth it for 10 games of marginally (he would have to come in a learn the system) improved WR play? I don't think so.

Reactions: Illinihockey

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Bears obviously need WR help, but he's going to be a UFA. Is giving up an asset, even a low draft pick, worth it for 10 games of marginally (he would have to come in a learn the system) improved WR play? I don't think so.

To me it would be worth it, for Mitch's development. He has NO ONE to throw the ball to. When is the last time we drafted someone in the 7th round that even made the team, and was a positive player? I'm going to guess like never. So yeah, I'd say those 10 games would be worth it IMO.

Especially if the dude just loves some weed, I mean multiple states have legalized the shit already. Who cares.

Reactions: clydesdale line

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well Packers fans ... you laughed at Glennon, but now you have a Glennon of your own starting for your team. Hundley is going to turn the ball over many many many many times.

Yeah, and I'm going to laugh at Hundley just as I laughed at Glennon. I think the Packers should go after Kap, but I know they won't. Just not a Ted Thompson thing to do. Ah well, if they stick with Hundley, they're going to suck and will maybe get a higher draft pick to fix their abysmal defense.

They should also consider a new strength and conditioning coach. I understand that seasons happen where the injuries stack up, but something is wrong when this happens year after year.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yeah, and I'm going to laugh at Hundley just as I laughed at Glennon. I think the Packers should go after Kap, but I know they won't. Just not a Ted Thompson thing to do. Ah well, if they stick with Hundley, they're going to suck and will maybe get a higher draft pick to fix their abysmal defense.

They should also consider a new strength and conditioning coach. I understand that seasons happen where the injuries stack up, but something is wrong when this happens year after year.
Thompson is going to be fired. You'd think the GM, whose livelihood is tied to Aaron Rodgers, would put far more resources into the offensive line than he did for the past 2-3 years. Rodgers is their cash cow. Protect him at all costs.

I'm relieved as a Bears fan to see Rodgers out for a bit. I'm sad as a football fan that I don't get to see Rodgers this year. Obviously, we all feel bad for anybody being out due to injury.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I tried not to like him for a while because he was a Packer, but Rodgers still might go down as my favorite player ever to watch play football.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Thompson is going to be fired. You'd think the GM, whose livelihood is tied to Aaron Rodgers, would put far more resources into the offensive line than he did for the past 2-3 years. Rodgers is their cash cow. Protect him at all costs.

I'm relieved as a Bears fan to see Rodgers out for a bit. I'm sad as a football fan that I don't get to see Rodgers this year. Obviously, we all feel bad for anybody being out due to injury.

Yeah, Thompson sucks. I have been arguing that for a while now. Both him and McCarthy are overrated, though I have started to give some leeway to McCarthy, because he is also dealt a pretty mediocre hand outside of Rodgers. We're now going to see how bad this team really is and how much Rodgers covers up, which I hope exposes them to a degree where Thompson actually realizes he needs to change his philosophy. That's probably just wishful thinking, however, because Ted is gonna do what Ted wants to do.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Bryant also had "issues" at Clemson. I have no problem with players smoking a bit of weed ... especially when even the government has a hard time figuring what to do with it. However, I don't think he's the easiest guy to coach which is why a talent like Bryant fell in the draft. I also didn't know he's a UFA. Note ... it's not like Steeler cast off, Wheaton, proved effective for the Bears.

Reactions: RayP

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
To me it would be worth it, for Mitch's development. He has NO ONE to throw the ball to. When is the last time we drafted someone in the 7th round that even made the team, and was a positive player? I'm going to guess like never. So yeah, I'd say those 10 games would be worth it IMO.

Especially if the dude just loves some weed, I mean multiple states have legalized the **** already. Who cares.

Our starting LT was a 7th round pick from 3 years ago.

I get the logic, and I wouldn't freak out if it was just a 7th, but I'd just assume stand pat.

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad