Bears and NFL Talk Thread LI: Bears don't win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Bears better pressure Rodgers with their injured OLine on Thursday. Their game plan of containing Big Ben with more men in coverage won't work with Rodgers. Ben likes the deep ball. Rodgers will happily nickel and dime you to death all the way for TDs.

Where's Shea McClellin when you need him?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
just hope that nobody gets injured until then and hope to find a passing game. You can't run the ball all game Long and expect it to work out all the time.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
I think we're missing the big picture here...we need the Bears to lose games...lots of them in order to get high draft picks and rebuild this team. It's obvious the Bears need a #1 WR and some other pieces still before they can think about being a Super Bowl contender.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think we're missing the big picture here...we need the Bears to lose games...lots of them in order to get high draft picks and rebuild this team. It's obvious the Bears need a #1 WR and some other pieces still before they can think about being a Super Bowl contender.

They don't need to pick in the top 5 to get a #1 WR. Anywhere in the top 10-12 should get you a very good receiver.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm moderately excited about this game.

That's never a good thing.

Haha, you and me both. Kind of going a little out of our way in Park City tonight to watch it. I’m sure we’ll regret it and my wife will mock me the rest of the night.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I actually think the game should be relatively competitive with all the injuries the Packers are nursing. It looks like they're even more banged up than the Bears are. If only Glennon wasn't the starter...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If Glennon doesn’t turn the ball over, huge if yeah yeah, I think the game is really close and they have a shot to win it. The Green Bay o-line is really, really bad right now.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I'd be pounding the Bears with the points if I were a gambler. I like the Bears a lot tonight.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cant' decide to start Cohen or Howard tonight in fantasy. If the Bears go down big, check down Mike is going to be throwing a lot to Cohen. But the Pack's run D has been bad so Howard is going to get fed if he can stay on the field.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cant' decide to start Cohen or Howard tonight in fantasy. If the Bears go down big, check down Mike is going to be throwing a lot to Cohen. But the Pack's run D has been bad so Howard is going to get fed if he can stay on the field.

I had that issue too. Until I traded Howard for Amari Cooper yesterday. I wanted to get out of the mess that is the RBBC with the Bears, as well as potential injury issues with Howard. He's playing on a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, btw, if you weren't aware. I still have Hyde, Gordon, Mixon, Cohen as RB's. Receivers are now Benjamin, Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Cooper, Allen, Parker. If it were me, I'd probably go with Cohen because of Howard's injury.

My team is stacked, but I'm somehow 0-3...

All three people I played had like... what will turn out to be their year high in points scored, though. I have more points scored against me than anyone else in the league, and I have like 3rd most points for. f***ed up how FF works, sometimes.

My issue is what receivers to start... I can only start a max of three. Two in WR slots. One in a flex.

Currently have Keenan Allen and Deandre Hopkins in the WR slots. With Joe Mixon in the flex. That may change, but he's got a great matchup with Cleveland, and the new OC in Cinci is using him a ton, as I expected, so it's hard to pull him out of there. Cooper has a garbage matchup with Denver. But it's Cooper...

Fitzgerald has a wonderful matchup with SF... but Hopkins vs Tennessee and Allen vs Philly are also pretty good matchups... so I have no damn clue what to do with the WRs.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am fully prepared to have my heart broken by the team again but damn I am excited.

I think we might see Shaheen be more involved going forward.

Looks like Pace might have hit on his top 4 picks (still early but signs look good).

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Packers barely beat an awful Bengals team last week, lost convincingly to the Falcons (a team the Bears should have won against) and beat a Seahawks team that looks super overrated at this point.

I'm not saying the Bears win but I think they have a really good shot and should definitely cover 7.5.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
You guys are pretty confident. I'm always fearing the worst against the Packers on national TV. I've been burned too much. However, I feel like I'm falling for it again.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The other thing to consider is these Thursday night games are weird and tend to favor the run games which bodes well for the Bears IMO.

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
The Bears have shown that they can play with the top teams in the league. But they are playing the Packers so I expect nothing less than a miracle 4th quarter drive from Rodgers to win the game. In the end I expect a low scoring game, with the Packers coming out on top 21-17. Floyd gets 2 sacks tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad