Maltby-Draper-Doan
Pronger Jovanovski
Niedermayer Brewer
Blake Foote
Brodeur

Estey

May 17, 2004
Saint John, NB
you are all funny, they are going to keep much of the same lines I think as SLC, for at least the first few games (Which I will be at woot woot)

Yzerman/Lemiuex/Heatly
Gagne/Sakic/Iginla
Smyth/Thorton/St. Lois
maltby/Draper/Doan

although I think Yzerman mayfind some bench time in favor of Richards

I am not even getting into the D, Regher and Redden are sitting and will get a game or two

umm in goal, er I think itis Broduers to run with!

outKast*

Lemieux Thornton Heatley -----> mix of talent, scoring touch and leadership.

Gagne Sakic Iginla ------> Line 1b. Insane amount of talent. Gagne has proven chemistry with Sakic.

Smyth Draper Doan ------> great checking line. Will do their job effectively and will score a few.

Marleau Richards St. Louis ----> Fast paced energy line. These guys will score in the clutch.

PB: Stevey Y, Maltby

Pronger Blake -----> Can shut down any line out there and is deadly offensively.

Brewer Niedermayer -----> these guys play great together and will be counted on for scoring. Brewer lead all defensemen in goal at the Salt Lake City Olympics and Niedermayer is a well rounded 2 way defender who will increase Brewer's offensive effectiveness while many people like think defense is his only forte.

Foote Redden
Foote and Regehr provide the same role but you get a better, more experienced version in Foote. Foote is a great defensive defenseman and pairing him with a well rounded player like Redden could be a good combo.

PB: Regehr, Jovo

Brodeur - Best Goalie in the game

Luongo - Canada should use him as a back-up to get him ready for International games such as the World Cup. Roberto and MA Fleury will be the new Roy-Brodeurs of the next decade.

PB: Eddy B

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Iginla- Sakic -Gagne >>>> played on a line in the olympics and were unreal.
Heatley- Thornton -Lemieux>>thornton making room for heatley and mario
St Louis- Richards- Smyth>> nice mix of speed and skill with grit of smyth
Maltby- Draper- Doan>> played really well together in world championships in 03.

Other thoughts are that if it is possibly known that Yzerman cant play, Wayne may have talked to him about holding a spot for Bertuzzi if he is cleared by the training camp. Takes a lot of bad press off of the whole situation.

Vic Rattlehead*

Minnesota Norse Star said:
Morrow on the top line? LOL

Worked allright with Heatley and Brier in the WC.
But this is the World cup and Brière isn't there.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
lets take a look at this

Goaltending:

1. Brodeur
2. Luongo
3. Belfour

All 3 no brainers....Belfour is too old to play, and is just there because of Quinn.

Defensemen:

Pronger and Blake
Neidermayer and Foote
Jovo and Brewer

Redden #7, Regehr #8

Forwards:

Firstly, putting Lemieux on wing to help him play better (less of a beating)

1st line: Sakic centering Heatley and Iginla
2nd line: Thornton centering Lemieux and Marleau
3rd line: Richards centering St. Louis and Smyth
Check: Doan centering Draper and Maltby.

Gagne, Morrow on bench, both should be honored to have been selected.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
It makes sense to most of us (and that's probably why most people have posted it) that the Gagne - Sakic - Iginla line from Salt Lake will return. The Maltby - Draper - Doan line also makes sense because they've played together before and you can't really see Maltby and Draper playing apart anyway.

Besides that...

Thornton - Lemieux - Heatley

Depends who you want as your centre...I would say Lemieux although I can't remember at all who is better on faceoffs...Thornton can be good but he was so injured during the playoffs that I can't recall. Heatley has to play with Lemieux IMO...Lemieux's strength this time around will be passing and seeing the ice mostly...I don't think you can get away with Lemieux and Yzerman on the same line this time around.

I would go with St. Louis - Marleau - Smyth as my fourth line. I think St. Louis needs to play with physical players to open up the ice for him. Richards and Marleau are interchangeable I think, but I give the edge to Marleau because I think he has a better scoring touch and plays more physically.

Other than that, I would only say I hope Luongo is the back-up. Eddie was good in the playoffs but I think he needs to be the #3 for now...his back scares me a bit, especially after going 14 games in the playoffs.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure Pat will try to find Reichel 18 minutes or so, seeing as he's such a good penalty killer. What? Reichel is Czech? Seriously though it will be interesting to see how they handle the taxi squad. Will they try to get everyone in in the round robin? Will Steve Yzerman be able to contribute enough? As much as i wish Primeau was here as well as Vinny- I like this team, what is not to like?

StevieYdabest

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
Smyth-Thornton-Heatley
Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Morrow-Lemieux-St.Louis
Maltby-Draper-Yzerman

Extras: Richards Marleau Doan

Blake-Neidermayer
Pronger-Redden
Foote-Jovonovski

Extras:Regher Brewer

Brodeur
Luongo
Belfour

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Gagne Sakic Iginla
Richards Lemieux St.Louis
Smyth Thornton Heatley
Draper Yzeman Maltby
Extra: Doan,Marleau,Morrow

Pronger Niedermayer
Foote Blake
Jovonovski Brewer
Redden Regher

Brodeur
Belfour
This wouldn't be my lines..
but IMO this would be the lines that Quinn will use !!

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Be Pat Quinn?

Why are the ref always against us. We outplayed them, and lost 6-2. These ref should be fired?

Anyone buy that impression :D

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
CrAzY_NiNe said:
Be Pat Quinn?

Why are the ref always against us. We outplayed them, and lost 6-2. These ref should be fired?

Anyone buy that impression :D

You forgot..."That guy should be kicked out of the league for life!" and his teammate there, "I can't stand to look at him!"

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Brendan Morrow - Joe Thornton - Dany Heatly
Simon Gagne - Joe Sakic - Jarome Iginla
Martin St. Louis - Brad Richards - Mario Lemieux
Kirk Maltby - Kris Draper - Shane Doan

Ryan Smyth - Steve Yzerman - Patrick Marleau

Rob Blake - Adam Foote
Scott Niedermayer - Ed Jovanovski
Wade Redden - Chris Pronger

Eric Brewer - Robyn Regher

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo

Ed Belfour

Only can dress 20 players including the goaltenders, so there are going to be 6 guys every game that will not be playing. I can't see Mario playing all the games and who knows what injuries will come up between now and then.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
hossy316 said:
Brendan Morrow - Joe Thornton - Dany Heatly
Simon Gagne - Joe Sakic - Jarome Iginla
Martin St. Louis - Brad Richards - Mario Lemieux
Kirk Maltby - Kris Draper - Shane Doan

Ryan Smyth - Steve Yzerman - Patrick Marleau

Rob Blake - Adam Foote
Scott Niedermayer - Ed Jovanovski
Wade Redden - Chris Pronger

Eric Brewer - Robyn Regher

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo

Ed Belfour

Only can dress 20 players including the goaltenders, so there are going to be 6 guys every game that will not be playing. I can't see Mario playing all the games and who knows what injuries will come up between now and then.

These lines make the most sense..except you can be sure if someone were to play on the wing, it'd be Richards instead of Lemieux.

I love the D pairings too. Blake and Foote know eachother well...and Nied/Jovo and Pronger/Redden seem like they'd compliment eachother very well.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Sting004 said:
These lines make the most sense..except you can be sure if someone were to play on the wing, it'd be Richards instead of Lemieux.

I love the D pairings too. Blake and Foote know eachother well...and Nied/Jovo and Pronger/Redden seem like they'd compliment eachother very well.

I can't see Mario playing center in the Cup. He played the Wing in the Olympics with Yzerman at center and Kariya on the other Wing. To me, St. Louis and Richards are very comparable to those two players. Only a few more months and we will see for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad