BCHL prospects for 2008 or 2009

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Any opinions on players currently or who will be in the BCHL this coming season who are eligible for the 2008 or 2009 draft? Here are some names to throw out there:

Taylor Stefishen, Langley - a point per game 1990 born player
Patrick Wiercioch - Burnaby, defenseman

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Stefishen is a stud. He had fantastic chemistry with Mackinnon and Thielmann last season, but with Mackinnon gone and Thielmann looking for a major junior hook up for next season (unlikely), he's going to be counted on for a lot more this season and with the way he came on in the second half of the year last season, he'll do fine.

Interesting to know that the Chilliwack Bruins hold his WHL rights and have tried numerous times to get him to sign there, with no success thus far. IMO, he made the right choice to stay with the Chiefs, Harvey Smyl and Barry Wolff are probably the best teachers in Junior A hockey right now.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i have never seen stefishen play, but im very interested in him. has anyone seen him play?? i would like to hear more about he's game.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Stefishen is a stud. He had fantastic chemistry with Mackinnon and Thielmann last season, but with Mackinnon gone and Thielmann looking for a major junior hook up for next season (unlikely), he's going to be counted on for a lot more this season and with the way he came on in the second half of the year last season, he'll do fine.

Interesting to know that the Chilliwack Bruins hold his WHL rights and have tried numerous times to get him to sign there, with no success thus far. IMO, he made the right choice to stay with the Chiefs, Harvey Smyl and Barry Wolff are probably the best teachers in Junior A hockey right now.

He was drafted by the Prince George Cougars. I highly doubt they gave up his rights so soon.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I believe they just recently, as in earlier this spring, traded his rights to Chilliwak...for a conditional pick(????) I think it was....

but you're right, he was drafted by the Cougars, he stated he wouldn't come here, so they moved him...still unlikely he goes to the Bruins, but I'd say it's a much greater chance then him ever coming to PG....

and yes, he's a stud...a fantastic player...just one of the many that spurn Northern BC....

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
i have never seen stefishen play, but im very interested in him. has anyone seen him play?? i would like to hear more about he's game.

I seen him play during this summer at the Pre-Draft Tournament. Here are my notes:

Tournament MVP .. a 1990 DOB .. smooth with the puck and can handle it at top speed .. has tremendous vision and moves the puck quickly .. has poise with the puck on the PP and makes smart plays .. hustles in every zone and backchecks hard .. seems to be thinking a few plays ahead of everyone .. a very special player .. has a smooth stride with very good, deceptive speed .. needs to work on his defensive positioning.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I seen him play during this summer at the Pre-Draft Tournament. Here are my notes:

Tournament MVP .. a 1990 DOB .. smooth with the puck and can handle it at top speed .. has tremendous vision and moves the puck quickly .. has poise with the puck on the PP and makes smart plays .. hustles in every zone and backchecks hard .. seems to be thinking a few plays ahead of everyone .. a very special player .. has a smooth stride with very good, deceptive speed .. needs to work on his defensive positioning.

thanks a lot.

were do you see him going in the 08 draft??

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
thanks a lot.

were do you see him going in the 08 draft??

That is a tough one. I hear the '08 draft is very deep, but I do not think it is unrealistic to say maybe a 2nd rounder. He was very impressive in the tournament I saw and he was playing with and against guys 3 to 4 years older than him.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
That is a tough one. I hear the '08 draft is very deep, but I do not think it is unrealistic to say maybe a 2nd rounder. He was very impressive in the tournament I saw and he was playing with and against guys 3 to 4 years older than him.

i havent seen him, but every time i see he's name i think about turris. i dont know if he is at the same level turris was a year ago but both of them were impressive in the BCHL at the same age. and turris wasnt expected to go at #3 a year ago. i dont even know if he was a first rounder a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->