BCHL AJHL Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffer

Dec 23, 2003
British Columbia
Hi, does anyone know of a list of who is entering the draft out of these two leagues this year. Travis Zajic from Salmon Arm, and Santorelli from Vernon are two great prospects. The Mulock brothers aren't to bad either. Anyways, where can I find out the BCHL, AJHL prospects for these years draft?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Hoffer said:
Hi, does anyone know of a list of who is entering the draft out of these two leagues this year. Travis Zajic from Salmon Arm, and Santorelli from Vernon are two great prospects. The Mulock brothers aren't to bad either. Anyways, where can I find out the BCHL, AJHL prospects for these years draft?

I am going to the AJHL top prospects game on Saturday...if there is anyone there worth mentioning...I will bring it back.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Looks like I should go to the Allstar game and not the Top prospects game. Alford, Radke and Johnson are all in the Allstar game. McCollough is injured.

BCCHL inactive

slats432 said:
Looks like I should go to the Allstar game and not the Top prospects game. Alford, Radke and Johnson are all in the Allstar game. McCollough is injured.

The AJHL holds 2 games?

The BCHL does both Top Prospects and All-Stars in one game. It took place in Coquitlam this week. There is a limit on how many players on each team need to have yet to sign NCAA scholarships.

BCCHL inactive

slats432 said:
Yep, the top prospects go at 2:30 PM and the All Stars go at 7:30. I can make time for both so I have to pick one.

How do they decide the teams? I would think that at least half the NCAA prospects would play the All Star game as well. The AJHL doesn't have 40 All Star calibre players already signed to NCAA scholarships.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
How do they decide the teams? I would think that at least half the NCAA prospects would play the All Star game as well. The AJHL doesn't have 40 All Star calibre players already signed to NCAA scholarships.

Criteria for "Prospects" is that the player cannot be 20 yet and cannot have signed with a College yet - I believe the object is to showcase as many players who might be looking for scholarships as possible.

Criteria for "All-Stars" is that the player is selected as an All-Star - can have signed or not (Bertram is an example of a "Prospect" who was selected for the All-Star game - unfortunately he is injured).

Both teams are apparently selected by some sort of vote from the GMs/Coaches around the league (voted players) with the teams rounded out by the coaching staffs.

Should be a good chance at both games to see some talent - there aren't that many that will make pro, but enough to make the games interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->