Bautista Considering Retirement (UPD: Promoted to Braves)

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Apparently has been offered some 1mil or similar type deals. Last year was rough but hope he comes back if he's got something left in the tank. Jose with somethign to prove could be fun.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its all gone downhill after he said hometown discounts don't exist in his world.

He'll be fine. After the legendary bat flip, he can probably eat for free at any restaurant in Toronto.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Its all gone downhill after he said hometown discounts don't exist in his world.

He'll be fine. After the legendary bat flip, he can probably eat for free at any restaurant in Toronto.

Yeah... and he's made over 100 million dollars in over his career. But, ok, the free meals will be nice.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Was said that the bjays offered him a multi year contract at 5m per yr ..JB turned it down...hows that workin out now?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Link? I didn't see this anywhere

Trying to recall if i had read it on tge net or during a bjays telecast.. I remember last yr or was it the yr b4
But they did say they offered him 5m per yr for 3 or 4 yrs and that he had turned it down

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trying to recall if i had read it on tge net or during a bjays telecast.. I remember last yr or was it the yr b4
But they did say they offered him 5m per yr for 3 or 4 yrs and that he had turned it down

Well he made like 20 million last year so I would say turning down a 3 or 4 year deal for 5 million AAV was a pretty good idea.

Also I'm sure there is no way the Jays offered him that since it makes no sense. Last year that is. This year maybe they offered him a 1 year deal for 5 million. But certainly not a 3 or 4 year deal.

It was rumored that a few teams offered him 1/5 this year and he turned it down.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Well he made like 20 million last year so I would say turning down a 3 or 4 year deal for 5 million AAV was a pretty good idea.

Also I'm sure there is no way the Jays offered him that since it makes no sense. Last year that is. This year maybe they offered him a 1 year deal for 5 million. But certainly not a 3 or 4 year deal.

It was rumored that a few teams offered him 1/5 this year and he turned it down.
You may be correct..wtv the case JB over valued himself...you a bjays fan?

Powerslave

Oct 19, 2017
Upstate NY
Good! He should retire... will be much better without his ugly mug around. One of those athletes I would punch if I ever see on the street.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You may be correct..wtv the case JB over valued himself...you a bjays fan?

Yes, he definitely did. Whatever multi year deal the Jays were offering before the 2016 season he would have been wise to take. I'd bet it was at least 3/60. Jays definer dodged a bullet.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Good! He should retire... will be much better without his ugly mug around. One of those athletes I would punch if I ever see on the street.

I highly doubt you would punch him if you saw him, no matter how much you might dislike him. You're just being macho from behind your keyboard.

Case point: Yankee fans boo a street-picture of Robinson Cano on the streets, then Cano pops out from behind the picture, and people get shell-shocked....they laugh and lend out their hand to shake Cano's and their manners come back. Real society is different than internet society.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yes, he definitely did. Whatever multi year deal the Jays were offering before the 2016 season he would have been wise to take. I'd bet it was at least 3/60. Jays definer dodged a bullet.

How you feel about the jays this year. I they had a great year at the gate last yr and made no significant moves . imo the year has just begun and they arent going to be competitive and its not as if they dont have money to spend..
They lost encarcion and of course JB is done and replaced them with nothing worthwhile. Very frustrating.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
How you feel about the jays this year. I they had a great year at the gate last yr and made no significant moves . imo the year has just begun and they arent going to be competitive and its not as if they dont have money to spend..
They lost encarcion and of course JB is done and replaced them with nothing worthwhile. Very frustrating.

They're gonna suck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad