Bauer XX vapor skates

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
I was wondering if anyone who has or has used the Bauer Vapor XX skates could tell me there opinion of them. how do you like them how was the break in period? do you recomed them and what problems have you had with them.

OK thanX for any info on these i am thinking of getting a pair but they have been hard to find,, i need a pair in Sr 7 1/2 EE.

If anyone has a pair for sale in good shape in my size let me know

ThanX

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
i do have these skates. well, it really depends on the way you prefer to be on your skates. The SFL lines is mainly concentrate on the low weight of the skates and not on the comfort, so it could take some time for your skates to fit well...even is you oven 'em. Personnally, with the choice of buying two high quality skates, and if you have the monay for, you should go with the brand news Bauer Nike One 90. god i love 'em, but i don't have 'em:D

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I had a pair of XXs and LOVED them! Best skate I ever wore. I lucked out though. Before my warrantee ran out one of the eyelets broke. I sent it back to Bauer and since they couldn't fix it they gave me a new pair, but since they don't make XXs anymore I got XXXs. So, yeah I won.

But!! Don't let this dissuade you. I'm the only person I know (and I know many) who had a problem with their XXs. Most people i know have been wering them for at least a few years (daily skaters too)

I highly recommend them

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Amazing skates. Buy them now, don't hesitate.

I bought a pair last year and I've never skated in a better skate in my life. They're amazingly comfortable for such a stiff skate and so light that they'll actually give you an extra step and improve your skating.

People have expressed concern about how fast they seem to deteriorate but I believe the skates produced from 2005 on are much better quality. When I was buying mine I was debating between two different sizes and one was from the old production line and one was from the new. The one from the new line just seemed to be put together so much better that I went with that one. There was a very noticable difference between the two skates. Stitching was stronger and the graphics were better applied and brighter on the skates from the new line.

A final note. Don't bake your skates. I did, but I recently spoke with something of an expert on skates and he told me that although it helps you break your skates in it also makes them weaker and shortens the life of the skate. It doesn't really matter anyway, most skates that are very light are easy to break in.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I had their sister skates (Nike V12's). Apparantly they are a very similar boot and I loved them. The only reason I got the V12's was because they were aboyt $30 cheaper than the XX.

Probabbly the best skate I've worn, although my new Rbk 8K's might have something to say about that.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
I had their sister skates (Nike V12's). Apparantly they are a very similar boot and I loved them. The only reason I got the V12's was because they were aboyt $30 cheaper than the XX.

Probabbly the best skate I've worn, although my new Rbk 8K's might have something to say about that.

V12's were actually quite a bit heavier and the boot was shaped differently. Much wider.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I honestly love the Vapor series of skates. If they fit, go for it. I'm currently in the old Vapor 10, pro-stock, but the ones you talking about are realllly nice as well. Might be hard to find the XX in your size...but if you don't mind downgrading minimally, to the XIX, you can find your size for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad