Bauer/Nike One90 Skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I was just wondering if these skates are out on the market yet and if so has anyone had a chance to wear them? I am willing to cough up big time if they are as good as they are cracked up to be. The skate only weighs 750 grams and is one of the best looking skates I have ever seen. So has anyone worn them?

I was also looking at the Bauer 8090's, anyone have an opinion on those skates?

I currently own a pair of Bauer 7000's and love them, but they are around four years old and being a player and a ref I usually skate around 175-200 icetimes a year so they are on their last legs.

Also, does anyone know when The Hockey News releases its annual skate guide.

Cheers.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
One90s arn't out yet I don't think...should be soon though. But you can find some on eBay. They've been going at ridiculous prices though. I wish I had a chance to test 'em.

8090's idk about either...but lotta pros wear them though I noticed.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
We should be getting the One90s in month-2 months. They are around $650 (I live in NYC)

The 8090s are an EXTREMELY good skate. I work at a rink with very high traffic and the guys who wear them swear by them. (Can't wear Bauer myself, thick foot, no arch)

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
MeffyuhTJRest said:
They are around $650 (I live in NYC)

Crap! That's more than all my equipment combined. I thought I was going overboard when I picked up a pair of Bauer 4000s last year.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
Big Deaner said:
I was just wondering if these skates are out on the market yet and if so has anyone had a chance to wear them? I am willing to cough up big time if they are as good as they are cracked up to be. The skate only weighs 750 grams and is one of the best looking skates I have ever seen. So has anyone worn them?

I was also looking at the Bauer 8090's, anyone have an opinion on those skates?

I currently own a pair of Bauer 7000's and love them, but they are around four years old and being a player and a ref I usually skate around 175-200 icetimes a year so they are on their last legs.

Also, does anyone know when The Hockey News releases its annual skate guide.

Cheers.

I love my 8090s. They've been comfortable since the first time I put them on. They're pretty light too; much lighter than the regular 8000, and they don't look like a space boot.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
according to other boards, the one90's should go for $799 ca. that's just too much IMO, but hey...I have a pair of Vapour XXX. so I shouldn't talk I guess ;)

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Pat said:
according to other boards, the one90's should go for $799 ca. that's just too much IMO, but hey...I have a pair of Vapour XXX. so I shouldn't talk I guess ;)

Thats what I was expecting to pay. I'd like to try them out before I buy them or at least hear what other people have worn them think.

$800 is alot of money but I was told by a skate dealer at Tuxedo (local sports store) that these skates will last forever. As well, I ref all the time and the cost of the skates would be covered by about a month and a half of games. I believe it would be a solid investment if the skates live up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad