Battochio gets chance with Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It was reported by Team1200 radio and on the Ottawa Sun website that 67's goalie Danny Battochio is invited to tryout at the Blackhawks training camp...if he impresses and is signed by the Blackhawks,my guess is that he would replace Mike Brodeur on the Hawks ECHL affliate...Brodeur should move up to share goalie duties with Corey Crawford at the Hawks' AHL affliate in Norfolk...the loser of the Leighton/Anderson battle for the back-up to Khabbibhulin will probably be traded ..as for Aadam Munro--I do not know where that leaves him--maybe a "loaner' to an AHL team requiring another goalie?

Battochio was amazing in carrying the 67's last season..he was passed over in the draft again--but would return to the 67's as an overager if he doesn't get signed by the Hawks...

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Ya Danny really carried the 67s in playoffs and mem. cup! Was he really not drafted again this season? You'd think he would have gone in the top 210 players for the draft. Good grab for Chicago.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
KStewart113 said:
Ya Danny really carried the 67s in playoffs and mem. cup! Was he really not drafted again this season? You'd think he would have gone in the top 210 players for the draft. Good grab for Chicago.
He is small and not that technically sound? He looked damn good on TV, though.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
jtuzzi said:
He is small and not that technically sound? He looked damn good on TV, though.

Ya he looked like a top goaltender on t.v., some of those saves were just...WOW. Whats his size I thought he was fairly tall, guess I'm wrong?

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Nice move by Chicago to take a chance on a solid, young goaltender. Cause you never know which goalie is actually going to be good by the time they're in their late 20's to 30's. Just look at Belfour and Cujo - both never drafted.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
KStewart113 said:
Ya he looked like a top goaltender on t.v., some of those saves were just...WOW. Whats his size I thought he was fairly tall, guess I'm wrong?

Like the other guy said though, he made all those highlight reel stops because he was sometimes out of position (not technically sound).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->