Battlefield 1 - Charging Tanks on Horses Since 1914

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Battlefield 5 is supposed to have an announcement Friday. Rumors are a holiday release. Also others rumors stating it will be a WW1 theme. Shall see

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
They've got a great model in BF4 now that it has been fixed. If BF5 releases with anything less than what is in place now, it will be a nightmare.

With that said, I have every confidence in this developer to completely screw it up.

Yeah, just start with what BF4 is right now (a damn good game) and expand on that. Improve the graphics and some of the wonky controls.

I'm still mad I spent money on Hardline.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, just start with what BF4 is right now (a damn good game) and expand on that. Improve the graphics and some of the wonky controls.

I'm still mad I spent money on Hardline.

Tell me about it. I traded in Hardline just to get BF4 back

Sep 19, 2008
WW1 theme seems ridiculous. How will you be able to explore the map when it's trench warfare? Where's the levelution?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I find it really hard to believe that they would go with WWI, at least for a main entry in the series. As a spin-off, as Battlefield: Vietnam was, I can see it. The WWI rumors could be intentional misdirection. (EDIT: Wow. The rumors were true.)

EA has teased the reveal as "a first look at the future of Battlefield." That makes no sense if it's WWI. It makes a lot more sense if it's a sequel to Battlefield 2142, which was released exactly 10 years ago.

Also, the teaser video shows a soldier looking up at something and a shadow falling over his face. He could be looking up at a Titan, the iconic feature of 2142. For those who didn't play 2142 (particularly since it was PC-only), Titans are mammoth flying ships that act as floating bases for sides to attack or defend. It's also possible that he's looking up at a Mech, which are your generic, bipedal killing machines.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-battlefield-5-video-offers-a-tease-of-tomorrow/1100-6439529/

Though I'm not typically as interested in futuristic shooters as historical ones and don't really care for the futuristic Call of Duty games, Battlefield 2142 was one of the best online games that I've ever played and it would be fantastic to have a sequel, not just for my sake, but so that console gamers can play it, too.

Last edited:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Though I'm not typically as interested in futuristic shooters as historical ones and don't really care for the futuristic Call of Duty game(s), Battlefield 2142 was such an awesome game and I would love to finally have a sequel.

I agree. I freakin' loved Battlefield 2142.
They could really expand on the Titan ship concept.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lot of people on Reddit are theorizing it could be a mix; WW2 setting, but with futuristic tech. Think revisionist history stuff like Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Mech showdown in Stalingrad? I'm not big into BF but you could probably sign me up if that's the direction they go. I wasn't really into FPS games during the golden age of WWII shooters.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
There was a really nice Alternate History WWII RTS game for the PC that I enjoyed playing called Warfront Turning Point. Could take some ideas from there and turn it into a FPS game.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Well I'm hyped. Judging by the music choice sounds like you won't just be one person but several as well. If there's a way to do a WWI FPS game, this looks like the way to do it. And for the record this will be my first Battlefield game since 3.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
As a history buff and major, i have to nod my head in approval towards DICE.

It looks like they put a fair amount of research into it. All the smaller details of the war; horses and cavalrymen, tanks, air battles, zeppelins and even what looked like naval battles. They clearly didn't settle for the tired old "the war was fought in the trenches" only retelling that seems to be prevalent these days.

I dunno if i get it day one, but i will pick it up at some point.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I really hope EA doesn't screw this up because this looks like it could be a huge hit. I'm far more interested in a WW1 game than a futuristic game like COD IW.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'd expect a bug filled release.

I just can't see DICE releasing a Battlefield game that isn't broken in some way.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
"Why are there no automatic guns, only bolt action ones?"
"Why can't we customise anything"

And then Dice looked at these complaints, and worked them out. And ruined everything.

WW1 would have been fine, but I have zero faith with this team and the way this franchise is going.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
As a history buff and major, i have to nod my head in approval towards DICE.

It looks like they put a fair amount of research into it. All the smaller details of the war; horses and cavalrymen, tanks, air battles, zeppelins and even what looked like naval battles. They clearly didn't settle for the tired old "the war was fought in the trenches" only retelling that seems to be prevalent these days.

I dunno if i get it day one, but i will pick it up at some point.

x2 without the major part

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
As someone who has never played the series, color me intrigued...

Though just as an aside I wish people would get more original than 7 Nation Army :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->