Batman: Arkham Knight (6/22/15)

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Just started playing it yesterday, pretty damn awesome as all the Batman games are. But I have a real love/hate thing going on with this Batmobile. I don't want to jump in and out of it all the time to winch stuff or tank battle. Hoping the reliance on this car ends at some point or are all the missions like this?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I hated the Batmobile so much at first but it totally grew on me.

Just make sure you power it up quickly so you won't get frustrated with the sequences.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really liked the batmobile to be honest: it drives well, makes you feel like a total boss, the tank battles are fun and the puzzles use it in a pretty cool way. I never came close to dying during a tank battle: the fact that you see the shots coming makes them very easy.

That being said, the batmobile is relied on a ton in this game but I never found it to be detracting from the experience.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The tank combat is fine. It's smooth enough to be enjoyable.

Hide and go tank sections however....can go eat a ****.

I'd probably take a run at beating it on Hard but those sections suck. Not challenging in a good way.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Oh yeah, getting the "distracting shot" for those hide and seek sections in the batmobile is absolutely worth it.

You'll thank me later.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This game lacked big and impressive boss battles like the other two had. Bane, Mr. Freeze, Grundy where excellent. I did enjoy the Firefly chases tho but the battle from Origins was still better

With characters like Man-Bat, Scarecrow, Deathstroke, etc you could have better boss battles..

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Deathstroke was the biggest letdown of that bunch.

Go from that really cool fight in Origins to "let's play tanks!" Dammit Rocksteady.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Ok, what's with the local surveillance system this time around? It'll pop up and say "riot, or firefighter in area, etc" but it's only on for a split second. You used to be able to follow it right to the trouble spot now I just have to quickly gauge where I'm going?

Even if I get there in time before it disappears, majority of time there's absolutely nothing there? Maybe I'm trying to do too much early on in the story for side quests and everything but most of the time I feel like I have no idea where to go or what to do.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ok, what's with the local surveillance system this time around? It'll pop up and say "riot, or firefighter in area, etc" but it's only on for a split second. You used to be able to follow it right to the trouble spot now I just have to quickly gauge where I'm going?

Even if I get there in time before it disappears, majority of time there's absolutely nothing there? Maybe I'm trying to do too much early on in the story for side quests and everything but most of the time I feel like I have no idea where to go or what to do.

The riot notification is useless, the firefighter notification is actually useful, they tell you where a firefighter is. You have to catch it though because it's gone quickly and they won't tell you again for a while

They also tell you where some bodies are

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Beat almost everything in this game back in like October when I first got my PS4. The only thing I didn't do is get all the Riddler trophies so I think I am at like 98% right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Riots are pointless but whenever you intercept thugs talking to a firefighter, if you slow down quickly enough you should be able to track them rather easily.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Definitely surprising but it was a pretty good ending, especially if you didn't get the awful "true ending".

Still they already did a Batman VR, and I can't imagine they are done with Batman. Id like to see a more boss centric batman game. The bosses in the Arkham Games, outside of some of the City bosses, are notoriously awful.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm a bit surprised, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing....

The Arkham trilogy was really fun. I've never played the Origins stand-alone however.

Definitely surprising but it was a pretty good ending, especially if you didn't get the awful "true ending".

Still they already did a Batman VR, and I can't imagine they are done with Batman. Id like to see a more boss centric batman game. The bosses in the Arkham Games, outside of some of the City bosses, are notoriously awful.

Yeah the only real area in my mind where Knight took a step back from City (aside from being broken AF when it launched and maybe a teensy bit of overuse of the batmobile for combat) was the boss battles. City had some fantastic boss fights.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

That's a bummer, but even if Arkham is finished, I'm sure there will be more Batman games in the future. The series is kind of played out its course over the 4 installments, and the challenges and side-quests offer a lot of content.

The game mechanics did get somewhat repetitive, especially if, like me, you were playing through the series in order for the first time. A few gadgets added in each game, but mostly the same stuff.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They'd have to do a prequel to keep the Arkham games going.

Batman had his time in the spotlight, nothing wrong with giving a character a break after a a run of great games.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Either prequel or jump ahead in time.

I'd kill for a Arkham style game based on Batman Beyond. Totally gritty and dystopian enough to make a solid game out of it.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
That, really sucks. About the only series I would buy no second thoughts on day one with Fallout and GTA.

I always think they're messing with us when people say stuff like that though. Find it hard to believe they would make Batman games for things like Vita and VR which says to me they're invested in the series only to turn around and scrap it all. What else would they be doing at that studio? Nobody sits on a cash cow and doesn't milk it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Either prequel or jump ahead in time.

I'd kill for a Arkham style game based on Batman Beyond. Totally gritty and dystopian enough to make a solid game out of it.

A prequel would be a mistake IMHO, they'd have to do a Batman Beyond version. The Arkham series (I didn't play Origins) was essentially perfect. The story was so awesome, there was so much high-octane, intense gameplay throughout the three games that I think they should just ride off into the sunset with Arkham Knight. I think they've just ran their course with Bruce as the main protagonist and we would need something fresh.

Now, a Batman Beyond trilogy would be cool as **** and I would absolutely play it as much as I did the Arkham Trilogy. Plenty of good stories in their and a relatively cool rogues gallery as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad