Batman: Arkham Knight (6/22/15)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty sure Belamorte has a 970

And WB has announced that will fully refund the PC version of the game until January 1st so it basically means they think getting it to run properly on most PCs is not feasible at this time

I know some people did not encounter any problems but I am not sure I want to gamble when the publisher has basically given up on the game

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Your right a 970. Now that is not to say others never ran into problems, I am just saying I didnt and I would agree if one is on the fence about the game to not buy it on the hope it will run well no matter your specs. I would return it if I could, not because of performance but because I just dont like it, if I could.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Your right a 970. Now that is not to say others never ran into problems, I am just saying I didnt and I would agree if one is on the fence about the game to not buy it on the hope it will run well no matter your specs. I would return it if I could, not because of performance but because I just dont like it, if I could.

My friend ran it at launch on a 970 without too many issues. Few performance hiccups, but that's about it.

On my 980 Ti, "hiccups" is an understatement. I haven't tried it since, so I'm hoping it's at least playable now.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Finished the second ending, haven't got the third

My two impressions:

1) The detail put into this game is just bonkers. Wow, have not seen anything like it and don't even expect to ever again Every little piece down to the most miscellainiois thing has so much detail. Now that is how you do AAA

2) Similarly, THAT is how you do open world. Not to small, not so insanely big, and you always have an easy way of getting around. This is one of the fatal flaws of MGS5s open world which I've also been playing. Its impossible to get around in a reasonable timeframe. Arkham Knight nails the open world.

Just my two cents

Also there seemed to be a ton of misinformation about what it took to activate the second ending. An insane number of people said you need to 100% the game. That myth is pretty much everywhere. I didn't even come close to doing that. I believe you only have to [spoil] clear the mines, take the towers and outposts and defeat deathstroke. Most likely take the aerial drones out too. I did it just in case and it only take about 5 minutes to take down all 12 [/spoil]

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The true ending is the one where you catch everybody, which includes the Riddler and you can't do that without having solved all the riddles.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Finished the second ending, haven't got the third

Theres only two endings..? not three

[spoil]1)Batman blows up his house - credits.
2)Batman blows up his house - flash forward a few years probably, because it would take a little while for Gordon to become mayor, then we see Gordan going to Barbras wedding. Then it goes to an alleyway where two thugs are attacking a family only for a mysterious figure to scare them off and then explode to this weird nightmare looking batman - credits[/spoil]

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The true ending is the one where you catch everybody, which includes the Riddler and you can't do that without having solved all the riddles.

Yes I figured that out.

In response to the poster above me. ^^^

No there are three endings, as in its split into three parts. You can activate the first two simply by taking out all the militia in the city and beating the main mission. The third you guys are correct, you have to catch everyone.

I haven't got the third ending yet though

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Yes I figured that out.

In response to the poster above me. ^^^

No there are three endings, as in its split into three parts. You can activate the first two simply by taking out all the militia in the city and beating the main mission. The third you guys are correct, you have to catch everyone.

I haven't got the third ending yet though
I'm not sure what you're talking about. There were only two endings to the game, as mentioned above. Not sure what this third ending would be.

I did love this game. Traded it in, but if it's ever cheap enough, I may get it again.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm not sure what you're talking about. There were only two endings to the game, as mentioned above. Not sure what this third ending would be.

It will literally only take 5 seconds of googling to confirm what I'm saying

There is no different ending, they are split up into three parts, many of you likely got the second and third ending at the same time due to there being so much misinformation out there on how to get the endings

You can get the second ending pretty much by only arresting two villains

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
One thing I figured out that I wish I did earlier, once you take out the aerial drones a gcpd helicopter appears that radios the location of burning bat symbols, bodies, firefighters, etc. Need to have subtitles on to read it though because it won't mark on your map.

Extremely helpful

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Got the complete ending

Good lord that was horrible

My guess was actually that Gordon would become the Batman with an iron man style suit. A ridiculous theory I know but man that ending was incredibly unsatisfying

Still a great game.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got the complete ending

Good lord that was horrible

My guess was actually that Gordon would become the Batman with an iron man style suit. A ridiculous theory I know but man that ending was incredibly unsatisfying

Still a great game.

The ending, AFAIC, is the part where Joker is afraid of being forgotten.

That part was excellent, the rest was just whatever.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The ending, AFAIC, is the part where Joker is afraid of being forgotten.

That part was excellent, the rest was just whatever.

Loved the use of the Joker in this game. Didn't see it coming either which was great. How they kept that under wraps was awesome. Jokers biggest fear of being forgotten was perfect. "...I need you" was sad but also rewarding to hear, finally conquering The Joker

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I agree , Troy Baker was fantastic as joker. I would forget that he wasn't mark hamill

Wow...

It wasn't Hamill? :laugh:

Loved the use of the Joker in this game. Didn't see it coming either which was great. How they kept that under wraps was awesome. Jokers biggest fear of being forgotten was perfect. "...I need you" was sad but also rewarding to hear, finally conquering The Joker

The story was great I thought. The Arkham Knight's identity was certainly a bit of a let down but the overall story arch was compelling; best of all the games.

The game was a blast, it did not get a fair shake from a lot people. It was same-y yes, but Asylum and City were great, Origins was solid; this was a fantastic finale.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wow...

It wasn't Hamill? :laugh:

The story was great I thought. The Arkham Knight's identity was certainly a bit of a let down but the overall story arch was compelling; best of all the games.

The game was a blast, it did not get a fair shake from a lot people. It was same-y yes, but Asylum and City were great, Origins was solid; this was a fantastic finale.

I felt as though there needed more inside areas/levels. We didn't get to go inside a lot of the buildings, like in City, and Asylum took place inside a huge prison. A lot of this game felt outside, even though there where some big places like G.C.P.D, blimps and the theatre.

Have you played the Season of Infamy. Thats a good example of what i'm, poorly, trying to describe. The hospital and underground area, the crashed blimp. These felt a lot like Asylum which was great

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You guys are right, it was Mark Hamill. For some reason I thought it had heard he did the joker for this. It was still an amazing performance.

Lots of amazing voice work in this game, Two-Faces lines from the jail cell were great, and pyg was amazing. Damn whoever did that guy just nailed it.

Azrael was another one with great voice work, hell all of em just nailed it.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ok good, cause if that was Baker doing the Joker in Arkham Knight that would have been way too freaky: it would have been an unreal, pitch-perfect emulation of Hamill!

Baker did the Joker in Origins and he did a rather solid job there.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ok good, cause if that was Baker doing the Joker in Arkham Knight that would have been way too freaky: it would have been an unreal, pitch-perfect emulation of Hamill!

Baker did the Joker in Origins and he did a rather solid job there.

Yeah, Baker did a good voice job for a younger Joker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad