Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
.... he will get married and the talk will immediately ensue that he won't stay with the Islanders because he wife has a career in Toledo.
Hope he doesn't get engaged before the RFP is announced.

Better keep an eye on the society pages. READ!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he is due for a high multipoint game here soon... all through minor hockey/junior he always decided to have a 4+ point game every 5-10th game or so.. Its bizzare haha

Any game now we will see it again!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Barzal has brought more excitement to this team in his first 2 dozen games than anyone since Pat Lafontaine .
No disrespect to JT but he spent his rookie year flopping around
On the ice like a jellyfish.
This kid could have been a great mentor for Ryan Strome .
Whose ryan strome ?

Reactions: The G Man

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Barzal has brought more excitement to this team in his first 2 dozen games than anyone since Pat Lafontaine .
No disrespect to JT but he spent his rookie year flopping around
On the ice like a jellyfish.
This kid could have been a great mentor for Ryan Strome .
Whose ryan strome ?

Toronto fans are probably all kinds of butt hurt that some people think that Barzal is better than Marner.

Reactions: Konk

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Cool with me, he's gonna earn it. And that's like a long time from now.

not that long, and if he is keeping this up over the next couple of years I am sure he is going to be looking for a huge pay day, and between the huge contract Tavares may get as well as probably giving guys like Lee and Bailey a big pay increase I am not sure how it is going to work out

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
not that long, and if he is keeping this up over the next couple of years I am sure he is going to be looking for a huge pay day, and between the huge contract Tavares may get as well as probably giving guys like Lee and Bailey a big pay increase I am not sure how it is going to work out

Who cares how it is going to work out? The Islanders have two homegrown superstars. This is what everybody wanted right? The only thing that is better than two is three!

Reactions: dood

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Toronto fans are probably all kinds of butt hurt that some people think that Barzal is better than Marner.

Maybe it's the homer glasses but Barzal is way better then Marner. Barzal is already on JT's level, they play the game very differently but I'd go as far as saying they are equally impactful at this point in time. Barzal has completely changed the dynamic of the Islanders in positive way. He is the #2C we longed for over the summer, hell , he's basically a #1C already.

Reactions: The G Man

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
the kid has that "it" factor. Not really 100% sure what that means but whatever. Here is to a long NHL career as an Islander. That backhand goal was pure desire and skill at a very important part of the game and then follows that up with a cross ice pass to Eberle placed in the best possible spot for his winger to snipe it. Bam, bam and the game is tied up. Kid is dynamic and just getting better and better..

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
the kid has that "it" factor. Not really 100% sure what that means but whatever. Here is to a long NHL career as an Islander. That backhand goal was pure desire and skill at a very important part of the game and then follows that up with a cross ice pass to Eberle placed in the best possible spot for his winger to snipe it. Bam, bam and the game is tied up. Kid is dynamic and just getting better and better..

This, I said in the GDT thread last night that they need a fight or Barzal to make a play in order for the team to wake up. Conclusion aside, once he started making plays in the 2nd and then the goal, the team looked completely different.

He's the energizer bunny for this team, a true "straw that stirs the drink" guy. So happy with him and his play. Keep it up kid!

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
on pace for 80 pts. just about....wowzers. I would have been thrilled with 15 + 15 for 30 pts. but pour it on, Mat! pour it on.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
So what are your grand visions for Barzal in terms of Team Canada?

He won't available for this year's WC though. :)

ideal scenario for me, not for you guys, but for me, he'll get in a round and then suit up for TC in Denmark on a line with Huberdeau-McDavid. but if the Isles go on a real deep run...ultimately that's better for Barzal Tavares and Co. I won't miss a game.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
ideal scenario for me, not for you guys, but for me, he'll get in a round and then suit up for TC in Denmark on a line with Huberdeau-McDavid. but if the Isles go on a real deep run...ultimately that's better for Barzal Tavares and Co. I won't miss a game.

Huberdeau-McDavid-Barzal would be interesting, but could two puck dominant playmaking centers work together? The hockey IQ is there to make for something special, but I don't think Barzal has ever played RW in any game that meant anything. Huberdeau would obviously be the shooter so he's a natural fit, but I'm not sure having 2 engines on a line is ideal.

Theoretically, of course. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad