Bars to watch in the area?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Confirmed by FB messaging the Texas Arizona page that the game audio will indeed be priority.

I'm guaranteed there on Saturday, will most likely be drunks before puck drop since I'll be pregaming game two at Mulligan's watching Liverpool from 12:30 to 2:30. :laugh:

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I understand TA is an "official" Devils bar but I just wanted to confirm. They really do seem to be fans of the team, whoever owns/runs that place. No shortage of memorabilia on the walls.

I anticipate it will be pretty crowded due to the gorgeous weather in the forecast...

Could it be the first day of hockey jersey and shorts since 2012?

If anyone wants to hang look for the goon in a Marty jersey, shorts, and Rick and Morty crew socks. :laugh:

Reactions: OmNomNom

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
I live in downtown Jersey City, and partially thanks to the influence of and rampant alcoholic imbibing done by some of my friends and I there over the years, we've seen Lucky 7's become a pretty decent bar if you want to catch hockey, and if enough people are there for the game and there's nothing else happening that night they'll sometimes put the sound on.

That said, it's not exactly the type of bar to cram dozens of people into for a game, but works wonderfully for smaller scale get togethers. For larger groups in that area, stuff like HopScotch and Zeppelin Hall become more necessary.

Zepplin Hall is always hit or miss with games.. I tried to get the Devils Leafs on last Thursday, and they wouldn't because of baseball and the Masters..

Tonight is Yankees Red Sox, so I anticipate most of the tvs playing that game.

Hopscotch closed down last month.

PJ Ryans will probably be playing the game, and I know Hudson Hall will have it on. Hopefully they feature it on the projection screen.

Departed Soles Brewery on Bay St will have games on and offering $1 off every draft for anyone in Devils gear. Brian (the owner) is a huge Devils fan, and appropriately brews a beer for the Devils called Playoff Beered.

Looking for a bar near the arena/ Iron Bound area to watch the game at Saturday for game 2. Will be at the Red Bull's game at 1 that afternoon

I'm going to Catas right after the RB game to catch Game 2.

Last edited:

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Zepplin Hall is always hit or miss with games.. I tried to get the Devils Leafs on last Thursday, and they wouldn't because of baseball and the Masters..

Tonight is Yankees Red Sox, so I anticipate most of the tvs playing that game.

Hopscotch closed down last month.

PJ Ryans will probably be playing the game, and I know Hudson Hall will have it on. Hopefully they feature it on the projection screen.

Departed Soles Brewery on Bay St will have games on and offering $1 off every draft for anyone in Devils gear. Brian (the owner) is a huge Devils fan, and appropriately brews a beer for the Devils called Playoff Beered.

I'm going to Catas right after the RB game to catch Game 2.

Damn, I had no clue about HopScotch and I wasn't even there that long ago. Too bad; it's overpriced, but I always knew I could catch any game there and the beer selection was always strong.

True about both PJ Ryans, though when the original gets super crowded it can get a bit annoying (haven't been to the JS one, yet).

And perfect call on Departed Soles, those guys are great.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I can confirm TA had game audio last night and was packed. They even played the goal horn and goal song after each devils goal. It was a lot of fun, with multiple "Let's go devils chants" and "you suck" chants.

Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Reactions: New Jersey

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Flight 151 was awesome last night. chants got gewd (till we blew it)
evnAEKc.jpg

owner seems to be posting on reddit too, so it's good this might end up becoming the official bar (supposedly looking for a devils flag to put up)

they're hosting tmrw and monday too

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I was at Redds after the red bulls game today and there were a few devils fans, but it got flooded with a mix of weird old edgy women and mom's with younger girls for the pink concert. Then Redds started blasting pink music and it sucked

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
I was at Redds after the red bulls game today and there were a few devils fans, but it got flooded with a mix of weird old edgy women and mom's with younger girls for the pink concert. Then Redds started blasting pink music and it sucked

I went to Redds for Game 1, and was really disappointed. First, the bartender told me "sorry, this area is for Devils fans only", because I was wearing my Nico Halifax jersey.. They crammed everyone for the "viewing" in one half of the roped off bar, and had the Yankees vs Red Sox on the other tv, that no one was watching.. By the third, it really emptied out.

I went to Texas Arizona for Game 2, after the RB game, and that was crazy and packed. Great job by them, and it felt like a real viewing party.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Thats a horrible story, can you sue for the pain and suffering !

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Going to a beer fest on Saturday in the city. Might have to find a NYC bar assuming we get a night game.

Don’t like potentially missing a key game, but that is a lot of beer to pass up

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I went to Redds for Game 1, and was really disappointed. First, the bartender told me "sorry, this area is for Devils fans only", because I was wearing my Nico Halifax jersey.. They crammed everyone for the "viewing" in one half of the roped off bar, and had the Yankees vs Red Sox on the other tv, that no one was watching.. By the third, it really emptied out.

I went to Texas Arizona for Game 2, after the RB game, and that was crazy and packed. Great job by them, and it felt like a real viewing party.

I haven’t gone this year, but Texas Arizona was a great packed environment in 2012. Had to go early though or you wouldn’t find any space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad