Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Why did Howie Campbell, his wife, Dale Hawerchuk and Jason Ford all donate $1500 each to John Brassard's federal election campaign? And then why, after he was elected, did the Colts trade the kid to Oshawa?

Who cares? You should be thrilled. You always though Brassard never deserved a spot on the team anyways.

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Why did Howie Campbell, his wife, Dale Hawerchuk and Jason Ford all donate $1500 each to John Brassard's federal election campaign? And then why, after he was elected, did the Colts trade the kid to Oshawa?
Just maybe because he was considered as a disruptive source in the dressing room. The trade worked out for both sides and Brassard was able to showcase his skill to get himself drafted. Not bad for a guy who couldn't dress most nights. A change of scenery was good for both parties. I think we finally learned from the Lemieux saga.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Just maybe because he was considered as a disruptive source in the dressing room. The trade worked out for both sides and Brassard was able to showcase his skill to get himself drafted. Not bad for a guy who couldn't dress most nights. A change of scenery was good for both parties. I think we finally learned from the Lemieux saga.
Didn't the Gens trade a draft pick for Brassard.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Didn't the Gens trade a draft pick for Brassard.

2nd and 2 3rds. Although 2nd 3rd round pick is conditional on Brassard playing a OA year which seems likely. Colts used the 2nd to select Nathan Allensen who is already a valuable part of the team. As mentioned by ColtFan, great trade for both sides.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

let it go for gods sake. man up and email the guy if you have such an issue with things

Reactions: LeafsColts13

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario

What was the Lemieux saga?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
When the Colts dress 7 D-men (as they have been lately) does one of them play up on the fourth line?

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Coaching tonight?
Coaching was brutal if this is what we have to look forward too i am going to say steelheads in 4 there seems to be a player getting way too much ice time is all i am going to say about this
The other point I would like to make is there seems to be a pattern of suspension to key players of the barrie colts, every time they have a contending team, so should mississauga, put barrie out in 4, nobody will see maybe the best player in the ohl this year ever play an ohl playoff game unless he returns.

How is this good for the game Mr. Branch ?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
One way to avoid suspensions...don’t take dumb penalties. One way to avoid suspensions during playoffs...don’t take dumb penalties in nothing games at the end of the season.

Head injuries are a real issue in the game. The league has to protect its players.

No conspiracy here.

GO COLTS

Mar 22, 2018
Coaching was brutal if this is what we have to look forward too i am going to say steelheads in 4 there seems to be a player getting way too much ice time is all i am going to say about this
The other point I would like to make is there seems to be a pattern of suspension to key players of the barrie colts, every time they have a contending team, so should mississauga, put barrie out in 4, nobody will see maybe the best player in the ohl this year ever play an ohl playoff game unless he returns.

How is this good for the game Mr. Branch ?
My sentiments exactly! Thats why I asked the question. Was making sure I wasn't seeing things.

General Lee

Aug 14, 2015
It worries me about the goaltending. I've thought all season that the Colts lack a " steal a game goaltender". Laz played well last night but I think the Colts better score 5 goals a game to move forward through these playoffs.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
BIGGGGG road win by the boys tonight; so glad Tyler got the OT winner after taking the penalty late in the 3rd which allowed the Trouts lethal PP to do its thing. Big boost with Svech back in the lineup for the next game.

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
Well svechnikov looked pretty good last game

Easy to see why he is a top 3 pick in this year's NHL draft. Size, speed, skating, hands. The guy has it all. The way he protects the puck and keeps his feet moving while driving to the net is unprecedented. He looked like a man amongst boys out there in the 2nd and 3rd period. There is no stopping him at this level. You can just hope to contain him.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
Easy to see why he is a top 3 pick in this year's NHL draft. Size, speed, skating, hands. The guy has it all. The way he protects the puck and keeps his feet moving while driving to the net is unprecedented. He looked like a man amongst boys out there in the 2nd and 3rd period. There is no stopping him at this level. You can just hope to contain him.
Couldn't have said it better myself, exteremely exciting to watch.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Round 2 starts tonight. Lots of tickets left unfortunately. Hopefully fills in better by game time. Really think that tough first round against the steelheads will prove to be valuable against Kingston. Going in many would think Helvig would be the advantage in the series but Leo has been very good of late. If he can keep that up, I like our chances in this series.

MJFAN

Sep 17, 2015
enjoyed watching Lazarev play and compete hard on every play round one hope he keeps it up next round

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Anyone know what channel game is on rogers super sports pak. Says channel 434 at 7 pm but it's not on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad