Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Not overly surprised to see this trade as he has played terribly. Glad they got some valuable picks, and hopefully this means another trade is in the works.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Strange trade IMO as Nizhnikov is so young with high upside. I wonder if he wanted moved being down the depth chart a little bit.

I would have to think yes! Barrie is deep and the coaches kid is in the mix so maybe he was upset with his situation being a draft year. Needs ice time to develop and he will get it in Sudbury. Nice start to his Sudbury stay. 1 goal and 2 apples.

WJ

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
If anyone thinks it was a strange trade, they haven’t watched the colts much this year. Worked his way down the lineup with his play. Started on the first line and worked his way down to a healthy scratch this past weekend. He may have wanted a move. But the colts just as much wanted to get something for him while they could I think as well. Wish Niz all the best in Sudbury and hope he can find his game consistently.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Is Svechnikov expected to play tonight in Missy?

Yes, indications are that he will be in the lineup tonight, during last weeks televised game on Sportsnet they had mentioned this in their coverage.
In addition Gene Pereira tweeted about an hour ago that Andrei would make his return.

Last edited:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
how are Barrie able to have 3 imports on the roster and play in the same game, aren't they only allowed 2?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Lazarev was drafted in the regular draft so he played the year before he was drafted in the GOJHL. It's a bit of an unconventional path (is doesn't mention him playing Minor Midget in Ontario) but since he lived in Ontario the year before he was drafted he gets to be in the regular draft (same as Korostelev and Nizhnikov). Interestingly enough though, Renars Krastenbergs (Oshawa) played his Major Midget year in Michigan but was still taken in the Euro draft the next year so maybe I don't know anything and this was all wrong

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Lazarev was drafted in the regular draft so he played the year before he was drafted in the GOJHL. It's a bit of an unconventional path (is doesn't mention him playing Minor Midget in Ontario) but since he lived in Ontario the year before he was drafted he gets to be in the regular draft (same as Korostelev and Nizhnikov). Interestingly enough though, Renars Krastenbergs (Oshawa) played his Major Midget year in Michigan but was still taken in the Euro draft the next year so maybe I don't know anything and this was all wrong

Ok, thanks.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If anyone thinks it was a strange trade, they haven’t watched the colts much this year. Worked his way down the lineup with his play. Started on the first line and worked his way down to a healthy scratch this past weekend. He may have wanted a move. But the colts just as much wanted to get something for him while they could I think as well. Wish Niz all the best in Sudbury and hope he can find his game consistently.

So far he's looking quite solid for us, 6 points in 3 games now.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Svechnikov seems to be back in game shape and ready to try and make the Russian WJC squad. Lipanov also with yet another great showing- so sad to think that neither player will probably be back with Barrie next year. Luchuk with a great debut- not a fan of the price on this trade, however, if thats the cost of doing business...then so be it.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Could see Lipanov being back next year similar to Nattinen, especially with how deep Tampa’s prospect depth is. As for the game, the Luchuk-Lipanov-Svech line was amazing for sure. Rest of the team took parts of the game off. But got the 2 points. Tough one in Erie next. Don’t think the colts have won there in 5 years.

Lastly, as for the price of Luchuk. Hard to give up Douglas, but with the colts scouting I’m confident they can easily afford to go all in like this. Also none of the picks being in the next 3 years is big too.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Could see Lipanov being back next year similar to Nattinen, especially with how deep Tampa’s prospect depth is. As for the game, the Luchuk-Lipanov-Svech line was amazing for sure. Rest of the team took parts of the game off. But got the 2 points. Tough one in Erie next. Don’t think the colts have won there in 5 years.

Lastly, as for the price of Luchuk. Hard to give up Douglas, but with the colts scouting I’m confident they can easily afford to go all in like this. Also none of the picks being in the next 3 years is big too.

Streak is over, Colts with a big 3rd period to edge the Otters 4-3... Aiden Brown with his 1st of the season and Luchuk with his 2nd in as many games.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016

Agree on Hard to give up Douglas, as much as a healthy Luchuk gives the Colts a real top line they can lean on I would rather have kept Douglas for the next two to three years. Looks like he's going to be a good one. Plus, it seems we are low on high picks for the next couple of years hence are trading them several years out (wish the league would put a cap on this and say all teams can only trade picks in the next 3-4 years).

Great weekend sweep by the colts. Curious to see if Ford has any more trades up his sleeve. My guess is he's done making big trades. I thought the team was built to win next year but with Svechnikov likely off to the NHL (based on past years top picks all making their teams as 18 year olds) perhaps this year is a year to go for it and try to win the east??? SSM and Sarnia look pretty strong in the west so an OHL Crown would be very tough. Most exciting time on the year is two weeks away (other then playoffs).

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Picks not too bad really considering what they were like last year as I think they have 2 3rds in 2018 and a 2019 2nd and 3rd. Ford has done a good job restocking the cupboards. Thinking if the colts want to go all in maybe another forward...someone like Pezzetta in Sudbury for example. Maybe a value upgrade to the 3rd pair to someone a little more mobile than Cameron as well.

MJFAN

Sep 17, 2015
Colts at least a year ahead of plan and outside of SSM right in mix at this time. Given that is team confident in goaltending duo to make a long run? What if injury to LL? Does JF make a deadline deal for goalie? If not who is third option to play this year..U18 or 2017 minor midget picks?

If LL wears down or injured season could go up in smoke

hky01

Jan 5, 2016
If LL gets hurt KE is good enough to carry the mail for a lengthy run. The kid has won at every level and he just wins big hockey games.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Have quite the prospect in Jet Greaves as well playing Jr B. Saying that, wouldn’t be against a more experienced backup if it came cheap.

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
has anyone heard if jack mcbain will be joining the team in january this was a rumor i heard last week wondering if there is any truth to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad