Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Agree with top post. Would add that I thought Peca, Heitzner and Douglas had good chemistry last year before the suspension so wouldn't mind seeing two of them moved back to that line with Bignell if theother is going to play on the top two lines. Of course with Ben back Sat. night someone will be sitting.

Tough game tonight but following a good performance in Oshawa I call 5-3 with an empty netter. Kirill GWG

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Nice win last night by Colts .... thought it was going to be close game with how Hamilton has played them in the past. Win Tomorrow and the colts will likely get ranked in the top 10 in CHL rankings.

6-2 Colts with Magwood GWG

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Just a question of interest for Colts fans. Seems to me that the Colts were in some sort of rebuild. How is it that they are such a good team? My guess if that they have great coaching and a knowledgeable scouting staff.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Just a question of interest for Colts fans. Seems to me that the Colts were in some sort of rebuild. How is it that they are such a good team? My guess if that they have great coaching and a knowledgeable scouting staff.

You probably got the main points of good coaching which has lead to quick development and the colts scouting is usually strong. Even late last season could see huge growth from many of the players that are leading the way this year. Add some elite talent with Svechnikov, Lipanov, Suzuki to compliment the rest of the team. Lazarev has been a nice steady presence as well. Lastly, new assistant coach Jan Platil I think has done a great job working with the defense.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016

Almost the whole team came back a year older. Jr. hockey always has big swings from year to year. Colts depth can especially be seen with all of the suspensions and injuries to start the season but they keep winning. Not sure I'm convinced this is a first place team yet but none the less a much improved team from last year. And yes I do credit Ford and scouting staff of recognizing talent with all of their latter round picks ... that and two imports and goalie trade have made all of the difference.

D are doing of getting the puck up the ice. seems to get stuck in their own zone at times last year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Almost the whole team came back a year older. Jr. hockey always has big swings from year to year. Colts depth can especially be seen with all of the suspensions and injuries to start the season but they keep winning. Not sure I'm convinced this is a first place team yet but none the less a much improved team from last year. And yes I do credit Ford and scouting staff of recognizing talent with all of their latter round picks ... that and two imports and goalie trade have made all of the difference.

D are doing of getting the puck up the ice. seems to get stuck in their own zone at times last year.
I think you have a great coach also.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Pretty tough weekend ahead with Ottawa and Peterborough. Colts will be without Suzuki who is at the U17 tournament. Svech still out with the broken hand as we all know. Could be the first losing weekend of the season. Would really like to see the OA spots filled soon.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Colts still surprising me. Nice win in Ottawa. Great to see the sportsnet games as well. Been years since they’ve been to Barrie in the regular season.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Pretty tough weekend ahead with Ottawa and Peterborough. Colts will be without Suzuki who is at the U17 tournament. Svech still out with the broken hand as we all know. Could be the first losing weekend of the season. Would really like to see the OA spots filled soon.
Petes without Gallant, Isaacson and possibly Denoble but they've had injuries all season long so far and have done fairly well so should be a good one tonight

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Colts keep rolling with the short lineup. Believe Douglas back tomorrow. Hopefully Magwood not far off from returning.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Nice win by the colts last night. Hopefully they can keep it going tonight at home. Noticed Lipanov was playing in the later part of the game when Rhodes was moved up to his line; wondered if he got injured and I missed it?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Another great game by the colts. IceDogs couldn’t handle the colts forecheck and the Defence was a brick wall most of the night. Leo solid when needed too. Can’t wait till the colts have a full lineup. Nice to see Rhodes get his first OHL goal as well.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Fergus and a 4th rounder (2018) for Landry.[/QUOTE]

Good pickup for the Colts, some much needed experience on the back end and another O/A spot filled.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Unfortunate to see Landry go as he’s been good this year. But Fergus is a real nice pickup and I wanted him since the summer. The 4th in 2018 is also a nice piece for when the colts likely add more soon.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Magwood and Suzuki back tonight, so just waiting on Svech now. Wolves a little banged up so should be a good chance to grab 2 points. I’ll say 4-1 Colts. Willms with the GWG.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Magwood and Suzuki back tonight, so just waiting on Svech now. Wolves a little banged up so should be a good chance to grab 2 points. I’ll say 4-1 Colts. Willms with the GWG.

Good to have Mags and Suzuki back in the line-up, any idea how much longer for Svech ??? I'll go 5-2 Colts and Mags with the GWG.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Colts have lost 4 of there last 6. Need to get out of this slump or are quickly going to become a middle of the pack team in the east. Miss. is coming in playing better of late. Should be a good game. Not sure which way this one goes???

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Colts back to playing their brand of hockey tonight. Nice win over the Trout...liked the new line combos, the Suzuki-Willms-Chiodo line in particular. Svech didn’t play so I’m thinking next week now. But one of the road games this week would be fantastic.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Barrie Colts‏Verified account @OHLBarrieColts 43m43 minutes

TRADE ALERT!! The Barrie Colts have traded forward Kirill Nizhnikov to the Sudbury Wolves in exchange for 4 draft picks. Barrie receives SBY 2nd in 2021 and in 2023, a 3rd (OS) in 2018 and a 5th (HAM) in 2019pic.twitter.com/NxklhR4PgI
DQc1WL-VQAAwxTj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad