Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Good win last night by the colts. few too many chances given up and team needs to take less penalties but offense is clicking. Nice to see Heitzner get the winner after sticking up for a team mate in the first period.

Hopefully the colts can keep it going in tomorrow. 4-1 Colts with Rhodes GWG and first of the season.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agreed on that they gave up a lot of chances. But think that was likely because Murray and Tucker were out if the lineup. As for Saturday, I’ll say 5-3 Colts. Suzuki GWG.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Agreed on that they gave up a lot of chances. But think that was likely because Murray and Tucker were out if the lineup. As for Saturday, I’ll say 5-3 Colts. Suzuki GWG.
Wow, you're pretty good at picking the final score....great comeback win for the boys; proving that it's not just the Russian talent that drives this young club. Great season starts for both Magwood and Willms.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Was quite the comeback. Love how this team never quits and has tons of scoring depth. Embarrassing night by the refs. Scott Oakman in particular. Anyways, 7-2-1 start. Pretty solid, and better than any of the experts could have imagined.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Agree with some of the above comments but the colts have been taking a lot of penalties and need to stay out of the box a little more. Sarnia will be a tough draw on Sat. but they will have played in North Bay and Sudbury the previous two nights so hopefully the rested colts can take advantage and keep up the great start to their season. Then a tough road game with Oshawa on Sunday who has a similiar young and deep line-up but will have played Ottawa and Kitchener the previous two nights.

I like the fact that Hawerchuk is rolling the lines for the most part. I think it gives much deserved ice-time to the 3rd and 4th lines, gets the whole team more involved which always helps with team chemistry and helps keep the first line rested. Hopefully he continues this because it is working so far and I think there is good team depth on the team. Will be interesting to see who sits once Peca, Hawerchuk, and Bignall come back from suspension and injury. Team is rolling along so always tough to make changes.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Interesting what the colts will do with the open OA spots. Would like to see one OA forward and Dman brought in. This could allow Hill/Hadfield to be sent down and play big minutes. Forwards would be a tougher decision.

Arjay

May 25, 2011
Tyler MacArthur is an overage D-man so I'd be surprised if they added another. An OA forward is possible although that would reduce ice time for the younger guys. Of course, Ben has been either in the penalty box or suspended such a lot he has eased the ice time situation all by himself.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Now that doesn't make sense, if Barrie was releasing McArthur why would they trade the rights to the OA D they picked up from the WHL. From all accounts he has had a calming effect on London's young D while adding some much needed defensive play.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
MacArthur wasn’t going to fit into the top 4 in my opinion. They may be working on a deal for a better option. Also believe he was on a 5 game card. Also as to why they claimed the guy and traded him to London. They’ve done that a few times to pick up picks for the upcoming draft.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
That makes sense but I do believe they need a defensive - defensive veteran presence on the back end. They have some offensive D developing

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
I agree. For time being I would like them to keep Propp. If they really want to know where he is at in terms of development they should give him a few more starts and see how he does. I'm still not sold on Lazarev but will admit he has had a good start to the season.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Ouch, that one hurts a lot. Teammates will have to step up. At least Murray. Did he do it practice? Don't recall him leaving the last game.

Tough game against a talented and hot team from Sarnia. Could be a little tired after playing 3 in 3 nights on the road. Sudbury out played them last night but Fazio again played great. Will be a close one. 4-3 Colts with Lipanov GWG.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Propp to OS for picks what can we expect from Christian as a tender his stats seem to be decent and his GAA seem to be adequate wondering what Christian's playing style is like in net any clear insights on what the Attack are getting??

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Nice rebound win against Oshawa last night. Colts got some breaks and goal tending was good to secure the win. Offensively, nice to see Hawerchuk continue to roll 4 lines. Seem to be more effective as a team and their is some scoring depth on this team

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Interesting last little while for the colts. Sucks Svech will be out for 6-8 weeks. Tough loss to start the weekend against the sting, but nice bounce back against the Gens. The return of Luke Bignell even as a rookie is huge. Like how aggressive he is on the forecheck and Pk. Got a important goal too. Him and Douglas have some great chemistry building. Lastly on the Propp trade...up and coming goalie that deserved to be a starter imo. Don’t like that he ended up in North Bay, but colts got some valuable picks come deadline time. Gives some opportunity to Kai Edmonds as well. Colts are high on him and was impressive in preseason.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Back to back shutouts for Lazarev. Outscore two solid east division teams 10-0. Not bad, not bad at all colts. Last place steelheads up next. Would like to see Edmonds get the start maybe.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I am surprised at the Colts showing this season. The GM & coach are doing a great job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad