Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Story about Sam Dunn, the Colts 3rd round pick in 2014. He was supposed to play in the NCAA, committed to Niagara University last January. In May, he was told the agreement was canceled.

So not only he lost his NCAA scolarship, he also lost the school money he could have had playing in the CHL for the past 3 years.

He signed with the Quebec Remparts this summer.

For several years, Ontario defenseman Sam Dunn had a single sport career goal: to play in the NCAA.
Recruited with a full scolarship by the University of Niagara Purple Eagles, a member of the renowned Atlantic Hockey Conference, Dunn, 19, saw his dream crashing in May after a reorganization of the hockey department.
"The Niagara coaching staff was fired at the end of the last season. A new head coach (Jason Lammers, a University of Massachusetts in Lowell alumnus) was hired. It was clear that his plans were different from those of his predecessor. Four or five players, including one of my teammates with the Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) have had their deal canceled".

Dunn had a good reputation in minor hockey. At the age of 16, he was drafted in the 3rd round by the OHL Barrie Colts and he was listed 121st by ISS for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. "I briefly participated in the Colts training camp (NCAA 48-hours rule). However, at that time, American academic hockey was in my sights."

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2017/08/21/a-la-poursuite-dun-autre-reve

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Interesting about Dunn...will be interesting to see how he does in the Q.

In colts news, the colts new Assistant coach is former colt Jan Platil.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Been a little quiet around here considering it's going to be a pretty fun season and camp opens tomorrow. So in a attempt to get some conversation going. Anyone want to take a guess at the lines on opening night? Here's mine.
Magwood-Lipanov-Svechnikov
Chiodo-Suzuki-Nizhnikov
Finoro-Willms-Hawerchuk
Brown-Douglas-Rhodes
Heitzner, Peca, Bignell*

Murray-Keane
Tucker-Landry
Cameron-Allensen
Hadfield/Hill

Propp
Edmonds

*= unsigned

22dc

Aug 16, 2017
Any rosters posted for the camp? Heard a Chicago kid up there that may surprise, no confirmation of that though.

General Lee

Aug 14, 2015
Anyone at camp could post a training camp roster that would be great . Heart is still with the Colts but now following them from PEI. Looks like its going to be a fun rebuild season.

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
Anything from yesterday???

I just saw a little of yesterdays White & Blue scrimmage. The 2 Russians are going to be fun to watch. Both are great skaters & passers. They make anybody playing with them better.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Anything from yesterday???

Here's the full camp roster...

Forwards: Luke Bignell, Jacob Breckles, Aidan Brown, Lucas Chiodo, Gianfranco Commiso, Eric DeDobblaer, Josiah Degazon, Patrick Del Vecchio, Curtis Douglas, Liam Fedak, Giordano Finoro, Peter Fleming, Jack Gee, Anthony Grigg, Ben Hawerchuk, Kyle Heitzner, Thomas Hernandez, Connor LePage, Alexey Lipanov, Zach Magwood, Kirill Nizhnikov, Owyn Palmer, Jaden Peca, Massimo Petricca, Evan Pringle, Sam Rhodes, Payton Schaly, Jacob Schnapp, David Sherman, Jason Smith, Josh Sypryka, Ryan Suzuki, Andrei Svechnikov, Derek Sweeney, Christian Taylor, Greg Trudeau-Paquet, Trent Verbeek, Jason Willms

Defense: Nathan Allensen, Noah Arsenault, Chris Cameron, Alexandre Charlesbois, Hayden Clark, Spencer Cosway, Tristian De Jong, Michael Greco, Michael Haddad, Victor Hadfield, Mathew Hill, Jeffery Johnson, Joey Keane, Kade Landry, Jake Mooring, Justin Murray, Victor Polowy, Matt Prucha, Zachary Snow, Tyler Tucker

Goalies: Pierce Charleson, Kai Edmonds, Jet Greaves, Joe Howe, Catalin Morin, David Ovsjannikov, Christian Propp, Noah West

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Here's the full camp roster...

Forwards: Luke Bignell, Jacob Breckles, Aidan Brown, Lucas Chiodo, Gianfranco Commiso, Eric DeDobblaer, Josiah Degazon, Patrick Del Vecchio, Curtis Douglas, Liam Fedak, Giordano Finoro, Peter Fleming, Jack Gee, Anthony Grigg, Ben Hawerchuk, Kyle Heitzner, Thomas Hernandez, Connor LePage, Alexey Lipanov, Zach Magwood, Kirill Nizhnikov, Owyn Palmer, Jaden Peca, Massimo Petricca, Evan Pringle, Sam Rhodes, Payton Schaly, Jacob Schnapp, David Sherman, Jason Smith, Josh Sypryka, Ryan Suzuki, Andrei Svechnikov, Derek Sweeney, Christian Taylor, Greg Trudeau-Paquet, Trent Verbeek, Jason Willms

Defense: Nathan Allensen, Noah Arsenault, Chris Cameron, Alexandre Charlesbois, Hayden Clark, Spencer Cosway, Tristian De Jong, Michael Greco, Michael Haddad, Victor Hadfield, Mathew Hill, Jeffery Johnson, Joey Keane, Kade Landry, Jake Mooring, Justin Murray, Victor Polowy, Matt Prucha, Zachary Snow, Tyler Tucker

Goalies: Pierce Charleson, Kai Edmonds, Jet Greaves, Joe Howe, Catalin Morin, David Ovsjannikov, Christian Propp, Noah West

I don't know how the Hell Erik DeDobbelar got invited but he is easily one of the worst players i've seen play in Junior B. And I'm never normally hard on a kid like that.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Nice win for the colts last night with many regulars out of the lineup. Outshot the IceDogs 39-24. Ovsjannikov and Edmonds split the shutout but it sounds like Edmonds was the much busier goalie. Nice to see Suzuki get a goal. He's just kept getting better since training camp started.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Svechnikov + Lipanov = 0 points and -6 in 5-1 defeat, hehe. Nice start for the season. Of course it's just one pretty meaningless game...

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
They'll be fine. Just got to adjust to the speed of the OHL. Got thrown into the deep end today against a very good Attack team.

22dc

Aug 16, 2017
LeafsColts

LeafsColts,

A few days back i asked for rosters and wanted to thank you. I did see the Chicago kid I was looking for. Heard he really had a great camp but left after 48hrs. He ended up signing with a Jr A team in Sault Ste Marie so kept his option open. Thanks again for looking, new to this board and it is great.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
No problem, 22dc. Believe I noticed the player you were talking about.

In colts news. They have acquired Leo Lazarev from Ottawa for a conditional 12th in 2020.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Nice win for the colts last night. Both teams had quite a few regulars out of the lineup. But the Colts vets that were in the lineup played well, and who knew Svechnikov could fight!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Tyler Tucker will sit out the first 6 games of the season while Kyle Heitzner sits out the first 3.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Colts goalie prospect Jet Greaves has had a pretty impressive debut in Junior B hockey. How impressive? 3 games 3 shutouts. Yowza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad