Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Big win for the boys today in OS, Kai played his best game in a Colts jersey IMHO. I want the Colts to somehow avoid Missy in the 1st round as the trout seem to have Barries number this season.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Agree yesterday win was a big one. Boys played great road game, goaltending was stellar.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Curious if anyone knows how long Dale is under contract for? Not that it really matters regarding contract length but wondered if he might try moving up to the NHL??

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Curious if anyone knows how long Dale is under contract for? Not that it really matters regarding contract length but wondered if he might try moving up to the NHL??

Pretty sure he signed a 3 year extension on the day of the 2016 draft. So one more season to go after this year.

Arjay

May 25, 2011
I agree. The significance of this term to my mind is that Ben will be an overage next year Dale's contract will expire at the same time. Let's not start the debate about next season's overages!

Reactions: LeafsColts13

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Looking ahead to the next 3 games. A win against the IceDogs to start should just about lock up the central. Then Saturday against Kingston is a big one as they could be a team the colts could see as early as round 2. Would like to see a win against them. Then Hamilton Wednesday. Colts have done well against them this season and hopefully that continues.

Also important to keep an eye on the 7 seed for who we’re likely to play in round 1. I think we’d like to avoid the Steelheads as they have some game breaking talent and seem to have the colts number as of late. North Bay would also be nice to avoid as history shows that’s not a good matchup for the colts and they’ve played real strong hockey with Propp. Oshawa or Ottawa seem to be better matchups for the colts and likely at this point.

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Yeah. Injured after Poirier head checked him. No suspension on the play which was very surprising to me.
whats surprising to me is dale continues to play his son on top lines. The team looked the best i have seen them without him maybe i am wrong for stating the obvious but he seems to be a minus most nights

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
whats surprising to me is dale continues to play his son on top lines. The team looked the best i have seen them without him maybe i am wrong for stating the obvious but he seems to be a minus most nights

Been playing on the 4th line since his return. Hopefully stays that way. Hasn’t deserved more this year.

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Totally agree with your assessment on Hawerchuk, he’s has not stood out to warrant top 6 forward minutes and for the most part even top 9 forward minutes. Dale has given a chance to Aiden Brown and he has not disappointed him. The kid works his tail off every shift. Gives 110% everytime out on the ice.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Totally agree with your assessment on Hawerchuk, he’s has not stood out to warrant top 6 forward minutes and for the most part even top 9 forward minutes. Dale has given a chance to Aiden Brown and he has not disappointed him. The kid works his tail off every shift. Gives 110% everytime out on the ice.

Agreed. Great to see Brown starting to show his potential with the increased role. That line with Peca (Another Nice surprise) and Willms has been great.

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
It was nice to see the boys pick up the win, but its becoming at time s a little concerning with these defensive lapses. We let the Petes back in the game, early in the second period. This is becoming a habit over the last few games. Come playoff time, this could be our undoing against certain opponents. Overall the boys took the play the Petes last night, at times controlling the play and puck movement for long periods of time. Let’s just hope with the d-men each getting a game or two of rest before the playoffs, this issue won’t continue.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agreed regarding cleaning things up before playoffs. Conflicted on them resting players. Yeah helps and prevents injury. But want them playing their best before playoffs.

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Should be interesting how the league views the Tucker knee on knee hit. From my view in the stands it looked like they were trying to avoid each other.

I hope he Pete’s player is ok, but he didn’t come out for the third period. Let’s hope the team was erring on the side of caution.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Congratulations to Sokolov and Luchuk on each reaching the 50 goal mark. Quite the accomplishment when 2 players from the same team attain this level of output. The scary thing is Barrie is not just this two headed scoring machine with another 40 goal scorer in Svech and three 25+ goal scorers in Chiodo, Magwood and Wilmms. This team was not expected to do as well as they did in the regular season due to last years finish. The lack of experience stood out in their collapses in the last two games IMO. Looking forward to the play offs and hope that they don't play the Trout in the 1st round. Need the goalie to be the best player for 60 minutes a game to go deep.

Last edited:

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Steelheads will be a tough first round opponent, but the colts are more than capable. Wouldn’t look too much into the blown leads as inexperienced but more meaningless games with players resting. Key will be to keep the pedal down for 60 minutes as the Trout have some players that can change the game very quick if you give them time and space. Also stay out of the way of Hague’s shot. We don’t need another Sadowy repeat.

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

Reactions: Arjay

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
I am, given the limited video I saw as provided by Generalupdates in the OHL prediction thread.....having said that the Colts seem to have someone suspended every playoff.......Camara, O'connor, etc etc etc
From my vantage point in the stands, he drove the Sudbury player’s head into the glass. The Sudbury player looked to be dazed and was shaking his head after the hit but continued playing once the penalty was sorted out. Frankly, I think he has playing on a slippery slope at times. At times he been a little nasty, and retaliatory too. Granted he has been subjected to some harsh hits and dirty tactics against him. In the OHL, high end talent at times is taken advantage of and he’s going to have to learn to fight through it because come playoff time, its only going to get worse.

keepingscore

Jun 22, 2015
Why did Howie Campbell, his wife, Dale Hawerchuk and Jason Ford all donate $1500 each to John Brassard's federal election campaign? And then why, after he was elected, did the Colts trade the kid to Oshawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad