Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Colts pretty inconsistent lately. But if they play like they did last night they can beat anyone. Loving Sokolov. Much more dynamic than I thought he was and showing some great playmaking ability. 12 points in 6 games as a colt so far. Impressive.
Wait till the playoffs he will be even more of a beast. He thrives in those kind of situations.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Heard a story once that a player called another player an Eskimo, ref put up arm to call a penalty but then decided against and dropped his arm. Asked the player during the next stoppage what he was thinking calling a guy an Eskimo....said it was the first thing that popped into his mind that wouldn't get him tossed!!!

Reactions: Noofgoof

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Racial? Aren't all the hounds players white guys?
Maybe a European player? I recall in the past someone got suspended for calling a player “a euro” which isn’t a huge deal but their intention was to be inflammatory so a suspension was issued

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild fan here. What are your thoughts on Sokolov? He's obviously on the scoresheet more now that he's away from Sudbury. The knocks against him in the past were that he didn't play any defense, and that he had bad conditioning.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
He’s been a nice pickup here so far but I can tell he learned some bad habits from his time in Sudbury, but have noticed improvement of late. Defensively he’s a work in progress, but again starting to see some improvement lately. Made a few strong plays in his own end this week. Conditioning seems fine, but at times his shifts go way longer than they should. Overall though, much more dynamic offensively than I thought. Underrated playmaker.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
He’s been a nice pickup here so far but I can tell he learned some bad habits from his time in Sudbury, but have noticed improvement of late. Defensively he’s a work in progress, but again starting to see some improvement lately. Made a few strong plays in his own end this week. Conditioning seems fine, but at times his shifts go way longer than they should. Overall though, much more dynamic offensively than I thought. Underrated playmaker.

Was not developed from previous coach not current. Some of it falls on Sok as well. Athis point he is who he is as a player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How strong is he on his skates? I know he carries a lot weight, but that doesn't always equate to strength.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sokolov is quite strong on his skates and the puck. He is pretty much everything you’d want in a player minus quickness.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I still can't believe that Barrie traded away goalie Propp in favor of Lazarev. I understand that they were going to make a run this year and wanted an older goalie but it puts them in a big hole next year.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Yeah. That still doesn’t make sense to me either. But for whatever reason they didn’t trust Propp and got a good return. Gotta hope Jet Greaves comes in and plays well next year or Edmonds takes a big step.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Yeah I agree,makes sense as they do not have a great track record as goalie talent evaluators. Hit on Neider, Hutch and Blackie but a lot of duds along the way. Propp will be facing them for the next year or two being in the same conference. My feeling is they will trade for goalie next year as Edmonds will not be ready to become a starter and I doubt Greaves ever plays in O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->