Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Looks like Hughes headed to the USNDP according to Darren Dreger. That likely confirms the Colts won't be taking him #1 as they need someone to show up. Suzuki probably the most likely choice unless they can get Beecher or Turcotte to report.

I'd be quite happy with Suzuki, seeing what his brother is doing with Owen Sound right now, and having seen Ryan Suzuki play for the Junior Knights several times. Also currently playing for the London Nationals of the GOJHL putting up 3 goals and a assist in 1 regular season game and 5 playoff games.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Looks like Hughes headed to the USNDP according to Darren Dreger. That likely confirms the Colts won't be taking him #1 as they need someone to show up. Suzuki probably the most likely choice unless they can get Beecher or Turcotte to report.

I'd be quite happy with Suzuki, seeing what his brother is doing with Owen Sound right now, and having seen Ryan Suzuki play for the Junior Knights several times. Also currently playing for the London Nationals of the GOJHL putting up 3 goals and a assist in 1 regular season game and 5 playoff games.

Right now i'm banking on us taking Suzuki best player in the the draft that is not going to NTDP imo.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Are the Colts scheduled to hold a press conference today to announce their pick?

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Congratulations Barrie on a superb pick. We Attack fans are lucky to have Nick on our team. He is a tremendous young man on and off the ice and I can only imagine his brother will be the same. It will be fun to see the siblings play each other 6 times next year.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Congratulations Barrie on a superb pick. We Attack fans are lucky to have Nick on our team. He is a tremendous young man on and off the ice and I can only imagine his brother will be the same. It will be fun to see the siblings play each other 6 times next year.

Loooking forward to it!

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I agree, great pick Barrie!! Jack Hughes can go suck it in the US. This kid will the better player in a few years time.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Seems like a great Kid, and a great family from interview's I've seen. Really looking forward to watching him play in a colts uniform!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Colts did the right thing. If he is anything like Nick ( many say he will be better) , Ryan will be a 100 pt man at 17.

Couldn't ask for much more.

Looking forward to those two taking faceoffs against one another.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
I agree, great pick Barrie!! Jack Hughes can go suck it in the US. This kid will the better player in a few years time.

Nah, he'll be playing for London next year. Just watch.

Suzuki is a stud though you guys didn't lose much that's for sure.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Congratulations on the choice of Ryan Suzuki
you wont get a better level headed kid then Suzuki. Ryan is a great leader and team player he is a stud for sure im glad he got to stay close to home so his family can come out and watch him play more often then his brother. Enjoy watching him develop hopefully this will help you return to the top of the league standings next season :handclap::yo:

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Great to hear all the good info on Suzuki. Reinforces that it was a great pick! As for the rest of the draft. Not too familiar with most of the players they picked, but seemed to address some holes in the depth chart with some potential scoring wingers. 2 goalies and a two way defenseman in the 2nd round in Allensen who could be the powerplay QB Hawerchuk is looking for. Looking forward to seeing these players at the rookie camp!

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Suzuki seems so mature for a 15 year old, all he has done is win this season hopefully it will carry over to the colts next season and beyond.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hello Barrie Colts fans. Big fan of your draft pick Calvin "Jet" Greaves who I was lucky enough to see him a couple times this season. He was my 2nd favourite Alliance goalie for the OHL Draft. Here are some excerpts from some of my scouting reports on him:

What really caught my eye is how quick and how tight Greaves’ lateral movement was. His positioning forced the Chiefs to try and pass as Greaves was good at ensuring that the Chiefs weren’t getting extra offensive opportunities.

Moving the puck around wasn’t effective because of how Greaves moved around the crease. He squared up quickly and even when in motion Greaves form did not offer many holes to put the puck through. His lateral movement is even more effective when you add in the fact that Greaves showed the ability to change directions quickly when in motion.

Greaves did some of his best work in close. Even on his knees Greaves was able to stay square with the puck and was never forced to go into scramble mode.

The most impressive part about Greaves game though is his possession numbers on High Danger Area shots. His peers sit at 25.4% on getting possession on shots in the HDA. Greaves got possession of HDA shots 37% of the time.

To go along with Greaves high success rate in getting possession of the puck he displayed an excellent glove hand. I was happy with how he tracked the puck off the stick and all the way into his glove never taking his eyes off the puck. Greaves showed good speed/quickness as well in getting around the crease along with doing everything at a high speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->