Waived: Barre Boulet

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Unlikely since we don't need 5/6 dman. We need a top 4 dman and a 3rd line center.
Strome would be a good add.

oh, we for sure need 5/6 dmen depth. I'd take a top 4, but we'd need to give up more than a 4th liner to get that.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No issue with picking him IF that means Paquette is gone. Otherwise, why bother? We have to give icetime to Brooks...

He's also really not what this team needs, but whatever.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No issue with picking him IF that means Paquette is gone. Otherwise, why bother? We have to give icetime to Brooks...

He's also really not what this team needs, but whatever.

well if he has talent, and it just hasn't come out yet because he's feeling his way into the NHL, he's exactly what we need.

But that is a long shot. it seems.

But yeah, we don't need a career 4th liner, or 13th forward - without size.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Stat watching he seems to have skill, does he play centre as hockeyDB says? I’d give him a shot 3rd line centre nothing to lose

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Stat watching he seems to have skill, does he play centre as hockeyDB says? I’d give him a shot 3rd line centre nothing to lose

in the nhl he's played more on the wing, reports say. Anyone know if he's played any center at the nhl level?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
My hockey forecast magazine (made in Ontario) had him in the 30-40 pts range for this season. That's just a few weeks ago.

No surprise that he was waived by TB with their abundance of talent. But did Seattle really gave him a good look? 17 minutes of icetime, total, in 2 games. So it doesn't seem so. He's definitely worth a shot.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My hockey forecast magazine (made in Ontario) had him in the 30-40 pts range for this season. That's just a few weeks ago.

No surprise that he was waived by TB with their abundance of talent. But did Seattle really gave him a good look? 17 minutes of icetime, total, in 2 games. So it doesn't seem so. He's definitely worth a shot.

They gave him 8 minutes one night and 9 minutes another night - and he managed to get on the score sheet the night he played 9 minutes, registering an assist.

probably won't be available by the time we're eligible to put in a claim for him.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If we could simultaneously shed some of our abundant and handsomely paid wingers, why not? This would require a decision to rebuild, though.

Otherwise, I don't see much place for him. He's likely not a center at this level.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If we could simultaneously shed some of our abundant and handsomely paid wingers, why not? This would require a decision to rebuild, though.

Otherwise, I don't see much place for him. He's likely not a center at this level.

We could waive Paquette, and since Paquette won't get claimed, we'd have Paquette playing, and therefore fresh, in Laval, in case of injury.

Barret Boulet and Armia may compliment each other well, and they'd play with Evans or Brooks.

An/or we could try to move Lehkonen for a solid 5/6 dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Was expecting this. Now they can send him straight to the AHL. They're not forced to keep him in the NHL since their claiming back a guy they put on waivers. But they can still decide to keep him in Tampa.

Reactions: 417

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Too bad. Would be good to have another Québécois to keep the nationalists happy, and reduce the pressure on Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad