Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They each had 3 more points. Meier had 4 more goals than Tierney and 10 more than LaBanc. That’s not a very big difference in favor of Tierney and LaBanc.

Tierney being a 40 point player primarily as a 3rd liner with less prime offensive opportunities overall compared to Meier, I think, gives him the edge. His PK work has been excellent this year as well. Tierney was the anchor to that 3rd line and its success with whichever wingers he had at the time. Goals are not the only metric for effectiveness. It's tougher to play the way Labanc and Tierney play to be effective and productive since they rely on others to finish plays they make most often. And I thought Boedker had a pretty effective defensive year overall where Meier isn't really noticeable on that side of the puck yet. I agree that the difference isn't large but I think people get too enamored with Meier's style to accurately gauge his effectiveness. He shoots a lot but he doesn't influence play a whole lot beyond that right now.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
What I am saying is that at one point, you thought his low production was an indication of (very) poor outcome.

Let me say another thing about Barzal and Rantanen vs. Meier. The case for Meier isn’t that crazy. Barzal and Rantanen get more minutes, better linemates, and a lot more special teams time. There is also the case that post-December Meier is the developed, actual Meier (with his ~30 ES points in 45ish games).

Ok, so I do expect the 2nd half of the season Meier to be the Meier we see going forward and I could definitely see him scoring 30 goals as early as next year. I can't compare him to Barzal though. Barzal is entirely on another level. Not even considering that he had over a point per game this season, but watching him he's just dynamic. He is a franchise player in the making. This isn't me complaining about the pick because I'm beyond over that and we don't have time machines so sulking about it is a waste of time. Rantanen doesn't bother me as much. Is he the better player now? Sure, but I could easily see Meier producing at his level in the future or within range of it to not be upset over passing on him.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Barracuda added undrafted defenseman Thomas Gregoire from the QMJHL. He was second in the CHL among undrafted defensemen for age-adjusted points-per-team-points-%, a metric that compares the number of points a player puts up per game compared to the rest of his team, behind only Ryan Merkley (who leads all CHL defensemen in the metric by a mile). I'm excited to see how he does in the AHL .

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Both goals were skilled ''goal-scorers goals''. Competition might not be the greatest, but well they did play in Olympics (Norway). Balcers was NOT affraid to play physical, I think he had 3-4 hits and he was also very active on the PK.

As a Ducks fan, I hope you trade him :laugh: But looks like he will for sure play in the NHL sooner than later, his first year in the A shows that, too. I wonder how he compares to our Kase - also a not too big but somewhat skilled European player that was passed on the draft and who took a pro-path. Personally I think there are similarities, we`ll see.

Very nice 5th rounder for you guys.

EDIT:
and here`s his first one. He was in speed and he placed it exactly where he wanted it to, it looked like

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Truchon-Viel s'entend avec les Sharks - TVA Sports

Translated by Google:
Acadie-Bathurst Titan captain Jeffrey Truchon-Viel has signed a two-year American league contract with the San Jose Sharks organization.

This was reported exclusively by our journalist Mikaël Lalancette on Saturday.

The striker from Rimouski has collected 62 points, including 39 goals, in 58 games this season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) and helped his teammates reach the President's Cup final with 11 goals. goals in 15 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad