Barker has dust up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
During practice, before game on of the PA/Tiger's series, Cam Barker and Tommy Maxwell got into a bit of a "dust up". More pulling of sweaters and yelling and mouthing off....then Nastiuk and Barker got into it later as well.

Why did it happen? Some players are very, very upset at how poorly Barker has played and that he seems so indifferent about it. I tell you this, if I owned his NHL rights I would be worried. The kids is in the middle of an exciting playoff run and he just can't seem to get up for the games.

Tonight against PA he was just plain awful. I was surprised that Coach Willie didn't sit his butt down for a period - it was that bad.

If you are looking for confirmation for this...well...local papers do not carry this sort of stuff (especialy in the home town) but ask anyone who was there....

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
count me in as worried. before and after the draft the hawks said they aimed at character players and were/did get them. makes me wonder. of course i'm not gonna give up on him, but he needs, by all accounts, to be set straight.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Peter said:
During practice, before game on of the PA/Tiger's series, Cam Barker and Tommy Maxwell got into a bit of a "dust up". More pulling of sweaters and yelling and mouthing off....then Nastiuk and Barker got into it later as well.

Why did it happen? Some players are very, very upset at how poorly Barker has played and that he seems so indifferent about it. I tell you this, if I owned his NHL rights I would be worried. The kids is in the middle of an exciting playoff run and he just can't seem to get up for the games.

Tonight against PA he was just plain awful. I was surprised that Coach Willie didn't sit his butt down for a period - it was that bad.

If you are looking for confirmation for this...well...local papers do not carry this sort of stuff (especialy in the home town) but ask anyone who was there....

Is Barker really that bad?

On another subject, how was Kyle Chipchura in that game. It was only his second game in 2005 because of his big injury...

Peter said:

He seemed to have a pretty good first round against Red Deer. 3 goals and 2 assists for 5 points with a +4 and two third star selections.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
Well, i had mono about 2 years ago. For 6 months i was uninspired about everything and anything, and slept on average about 2-3 hours extra. My guess is that the mono is wearing the guy out.

The mono certainly is a consideration...no doubt...but let's just say that his off ice conduct lacks a little to be desired as well.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
He seemed to have a pretty good first round against Red Deer. 3 goals and 2 assists for 5 points with a +4 and two third star selections.

Don't let stats fool you....he played maybe two good games in that Red Deer series...the rest were average or below average.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Is Barker really that bad?

On another subject, how was Kyle Chipchura in that game. It was only his second game in 2005 because of his big injury...

Chipchura made one great mother of a hit...unfortunately it was on his own player. ;)

That said, he was average. All the PA players were just average. If they continue to play this way they will lose in 4 straight BUT I honestly don't think PA will continue to play average.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
I said it in a previous thread... How many points did Kris Russel score on the same team? Now compare his stats to Barker's.

I know Cam is a much more rounded defenseman, and a much bigger prospect, but I'm still just glad Columbus missed out on picking him.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Peter said:
The mono certainly is a consideration...no doubt...but let's just say that his off ice conduct lacks a little to be desired as well.

Don't let stats fool you....he played maybe two good games in that Red Deer series...the rest were average or below average.

This is really too bad. Barker is one of my favorite defensive prospects, and I really hoped he would dominate this year. I haven't seen him much this year, but I'm always impressed by his skill. Do you think maybe he's just bored with the WHL? Also, what has he been doing off the ice?

The kid's got sick talent, I don't know why he would play so poorly. Maybe factors or mono + lack of competition lead to lack of motivation and a few costly mistakes in games which in turn makes people critcize him for laziness. Perhaps once he's in the AHL or NHL and he faces tougher opposition he'll get back on his game. Because when he's on his game, he's really a force out there.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
What I am worried about is him getting into scuffles with 2 of his teammates. Guys like that just ruin teams.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Peter said:
I believe that there is 60-75% of players in this league you could say that regarding their off ice conduct.

In fact, wasn't it you that mentioned something about Kevin Nastiuk's off ice behaviour in another post?

NastiuK=best goalie

Apr 16, 2005
medicine hat, albert
Barker has his good games (or maybe good parts of games if u know what i mean) lol... but atleast he tries some of the time... the thing that bothers me about him, is that he misses the easy passes, when he is trying to be all fancy..! I just hope this is his last year in med hat.!!

As for kevin Nastiuk he is alwasy an amazing goaltender!!:) :handclap: :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->