Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
NHL rumors: Islanders - Belmont deal on verge of completion?

2000 car parking lot is going to be a problem. Let's say they get 13,000 per game. Let's say there's 3 people per car. That leaves 7,000 people to take the train? Not likely.

My personal opinion is that 75% (or more) will drive to the games.

Maybe a two-floor parking area? I dunno, but 2,000 won't work.

--------------------------------------------------
Don't call me out for nit-picking. I don't care about cup-holders. I just want to make sure we can all get to the game!

Reactions: IODCPiper

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I am going to hold off until I see a deal is completely confirmed, but this news put a smile on my face.
I'm the same PW, is long term fans have been burned too many times. I won't be satisfied til the first season is in the books. It could be fools gold like Barclays was

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

2000 car parking lot is going to be a problem. Let's say they get 13,000 per game. Let's say there's 3 people per car. That leaves 7,000 people to take the train? Not likely.

Don't call me out for nit-picking. I don't care about cup-holders. I just want to make sure we can all get to the game!

Forget about an Isles game, the 2K car lot won't even come close to handling Stakes day.

Reactions: SI90

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
From the Berner article it says break ground next spring. I’m assuming that’s Spring 2019? I can’t imagine they’ll have shovels in the ground this coming spring.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
There was an interview with Ledecky in the recent months where he said there will be plenty of parking available for everyone. My guess is that garage is not everything.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
2018. Orig article made eference to environmental survey being done quick

[QUrOTE="Eberzal, post: 138741081, member: 247247"]From the Berner article it says break ground next spring. I’m assuming that’s Spring 2019? I can’t imagine they’ll have shovels in the ground this coming spring.[/QUOTE]

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015

Forget about an Isles game, the 2K car lot won't even come close to handling Stakes day.

From what I remeber, one of the leaked overhead renderings for the site showed a 2,000 car parking lot on the north side with a two-tier parking garage located south of Hempstead Tpke. Not sure what the capacity for the garage was, but I would have to think it would hold another 5,000 cars. Plus, you can have over flow parking on the other sided of the park near the elementary school for when they have the Stakes during the summer (like they've always done). Parking shouldn't be an issue for the arena or for Stakes Day.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Im scared this is going to get announced and no deal with Tavares will get completed after.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Like I said before I won't be happy til the first season is in the books but if it convinced JT to sign here in the meantime that would ease my indigestion level considerably

Reactions: SI90

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Regarding parking, let's take a breath. Article is speculating, which is all anyone can do, and Ledecky had stated not too long ago there would be more available than 2,000.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ill have total faith that the team to get the arena deal done in 2 years, which Nassau and Wang couldnt get done in 12 --- can certainly figure out proper parking.

Cupholders? Not so sure -- Ill have to send them my SOW.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Regarding parking, let's take a breath. Article is speculating, which is all anyone can do, and Ledecky had stated not too long ago there would be more available than 2,000.
NM, I see a post above mine noted the additional 5,000 spots south of Hempstead Tpk.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
From the Berner article it says break ground next spring. I’m assuming that’s Spring 2019? I can’t imagine they’ll have shovels in the ground this coming spring.

Why not. Have to believe:

(1) There are no environmental studies / tests to be done once the bid is awarded; and

(2) Isles / Sterling have already determined which workers/unions/etc they will be using for the build (part of the bid?).

If the bid is awarded in late Dec/January, I don't see why they can't start building this spring.

Reactions: periferal

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Im scared this is going to get announced and no deal with Tavares will get completed after.

If that should happen, then good riddance. New owners + new building + one of the best teams in the league and he still doesn't want to stay . . . If we are awarded the RFP before the deadline and he won't re-sign and tells managment he still hasn't made up his mind, I am trading him.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Parking? Schmarking that's the least of our problems. Nobody is gonna park there if we ain't got an arena and JT to fill the damn thing. Parking has no time sensitivity JT does

Reactions: periferal

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Parking? Schmarking that's the least of our problems. Nobody is gonna park there if we ain't got an arena and JT to fill the damn thing. Parking has no time sensitivity JT does

We are talking about NYS and some of the best business people in the world. I'm sure JT has been discussed between all parties at nauseum.

IF all signs are correct and NYS is going to award us Belmont, don't you think it would be prudent for NYS to award the bid well in advance of July 1 and hopefully the trade deadline so that their main tenant doesn't lose their star player.

The Isles at Belmont without JT will have 7-10K people at each game. It would be a disaster. I'm sure NYS is well aware.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
No. Spring 2018. They will start the winterization, which closes the racetrack for 2 years.

This also plays into the rumor I heard when I was up at Saratoga for the Travers Stakes that the Belmont Stakes would be run at Saratoga for the next 2 years.

As of now it is still scheduled at Belmont Park for June 9th.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
They will have performed a miracle if there’s shovels in the ground by then. Good ****.

The track winterization has nothing to do with the Islanders. It just enables the Islanders to get started when they want.

Environmental is done.

Everyone is worried about lawsuits. They can sue the state. That doesn't stop work. There is barely opposition. This isn't high powered Garden City residents standing up and threatening politicians votes.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
May as well drink O’Douls.

For the record, if I'm drinking beer, I do a Blue Point or IPA type thing. If I'm doing wine, Merlot. If I'm doing liquor, Don Julio Anejo.

I can deal with rumors about being a Rangers fan, but I gotta stop the idea of me drinking horrid beverages.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
This also plays into the rumor I heard when I was up at Saratoga for the Travers Stakes that the Belmont Stakes would be run at Saratoga for the next 2 years.

As of now it is still scheduled at Belmont Park for June 9th.

The Belmont stakes is scheduled for the first saturday at Belmont Park yearly.

Go on the website. We usually buy my father in law tickets VIP (he is big into the races) and parking for Christmas.
This is the first time I can remember that they are not available. Go to the site. You can put in your info for future news. No pricing. It is a bit telling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad