Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I think everyone's getting ahead of themselves on that horse racing site story. The way I read it, it's putting the most Islanders-friendly spin on the things we already know. Which could be—and hopefully is—the correct interpretation. To the extent there's new reporting there, it's the same "no comments" we've heard before. It isn't new info.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think everyone's getting ahead of themselves on that horse racing site story. The way I read it, it's putting the most Islanders-friendly spin on the things we already know. Which could be—and hopefully is—the correct interpretation. To the extent there's new reporting there, it's the same "no comments" we've heard before. It isn't new info.

That's how I read it as well.

Reactions: SI90

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
That's how I read it as well.

Maybe, but now with the Third bidder OUT, I refuse to believe that NYS will award the project to a freaking Soccer team that doesn't want to build there and a stadium that can't be used for anything BUT soccer from Oct-April/May.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Maybe, but now with the Third bidder OUT, I refuse to believe that NYS will award the project to a freaking Soccer team that doesn't want to build there and a stadium that can't be used for anything BUT soccer from Oct-April/May.

That's hopefully/probably right (more because of the doesn't want to be there/limited use aspects than the "freaking soccer" aspect). My point is just that we shouldn't let optimism trick us into seeing aggregation of prior news as some pro-Isles "momentum."

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
That's hopefully/probably right (more because of the doesn't want to be there/limited use aspects than the "freaking soccer" aspect). My point is just that we shouldn't let optimism trick us into seeing aggregation of prior news as some pro-Isles "momentum."

You're talking as if optimism for new building hasn't burned this fanbase before.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York

hey! Be fair. It can be used for Rugby, Australian rules football and Ultimate Frisbee!

Last edited:
Reactions: IODCPiper

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Empire State Development, New York State’s business development agency, has moved quickly and is ever closer to a decision that will award the bid of the New York Islanders hockey team and its consortium to build a new arena at Belmont Park.

I mean, doubt the source all you want, but this guy's reporting is far from "no comment" or putting a spin on information we already have. He's saying the bid will be awarded to the Islanders.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I didn’t take it that way. I posted the article as that of a horse racing writer with connections at NYRA, instead of all the news stories we’ve read written by general reporters. Just someone coming at this thing from a different vantage point.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I mean, doubt the source all you want, but this guy's reporting is far from "no comment" or putting a spin on information we already have. He's saying the bid will be awarded to the Islanders.

I don't get that from the story at all. All he says is "has moved quickly and is ever closer" to awarding it to us. He doesn't even imply any unnamed source told him this, so I don't see why we should read that in for the author.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
You're talking as if optimism for new building hasn't burned this fanbase before.

Times have changed!! I was never confident with Wang. Ledecky's confidence has me sold + everything else I mentioned above.

and this . . .

If we lose to soccer --- Im going to become a Rangers fan.

I didn’t take it that way. I posted the article as that of a horse racing writer with connections at NYRA, instead of all the news stories we’ve read written by general reporters. Just someone coming at this thing from a different vantage point.

To be fair, I posted the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->