Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We sure could use his skill set at the NHL level. Hopefully he continues to develop and stays healthy from here on out.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Condors beat Ontario (the city, not the province) 3-2. They're now 3 points out of the 4th and final playoff spot in the Pacific but 9 points out of 6th. :huh:

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Condors captain Ryan Hamilton suffered a gruesome injury in Wednesday night's game in San Diego -- he had to have surgery to repair two broken bones in his right leg. An unfortunate fall after a clean hit near his bench left him sitting on the blue line, unable to move his leg. Once the shock wore off, we could hear him screaming in pain from across the arena -- it left a lot of people shaken. Best wishes to him in his recovery.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Condors captain Ryan Hamilton suffered a gruesome injury in Wednesday night's game in San Diego -- he had to have surgery to repair two broken bones in his right leg. An unfortunate fall after a clean hit near his bench left him sitting on the blue line, unable to move his leg. Once the shock wore off, we could hear him screaming in pain from across the arena -- it left a lot of people shaken. Best wishes to him in his recovery.

Damn that's horrible. Best wishes to him indeed.

Reactions: HansH

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I haven't been able to dig up anything recent on Jones' development - how has he been doing this season?

Bear is getting a shot with the big team, and I hear good things about his PP contributions - how does Bear look at even strength?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I haven't been able to dig up anything recent on Jones' development - how has he been doing this season?

Bear is getting a shot with the big team, and I hear good things about his PP contributions - how does Bear look at even strength?

Bear looks a bit ahead right now but I think Jones will be the more complete player. Both guys have had their struggles with injury this year.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I agree. I think Jones will be the better player and will have the superior career. It's great that we're having this discussion, however.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bear looks a bit ahead right now but I think Jones will be the more complete player. Both guys have had their struggles with injury this year.
Yeah but away from their injuries, Bear has been the much better player this year. Better offensively and better defensively.
Jones is probably our worst defender defensively down there outside of Gryba. Been a rough year for him.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Yeah but away from their injuries, Bear has been the much better player this year. Better offensively and better defensively.
Jones is probably our worst defender defensively down there outside of Gryba. Been a rough year for him.

The problem with Jones is he had a really, really rough beginning to his AHL career. In his first 6 weeks, he was a -14 in 14 games, and only got 10 shots on goal which tells me he wasn't doing anything out there other than getting eaten up and spat out. Since then his stats would imply he's been better, only a -4 in the 28 games afterwards, with 36 shots on goal so I'd bet he's feeling a bit more comfortable. I expect he'll be much better in 18/19.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The problem with Jones is he had a really, really rough beginning to his AHL career. In his first 6 weeks, he was a -14 in 14 games, and only got 10 shots on goal which tells me he wasn't doing anything out there other than getting eaten up and spat out. Since then his stats would imply he's been better, only a -4 in the 28 games afterwards, with 36 shots on goal so I'd bet he's feeling a bit more comfortable. I expect he'll be much better in 18/19.
Fair but I don't see Jones with the upside of Bear.
Bear will make the NHL due to his shot and PP ability alone. It's a much steeper climb for Jones.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Fair but I don't see Jones with the upside of Bear.
Bear will make the NHL due to his shot and PP ability alone. It's a much steeper climb for Jones.

You could be right or wrong, only time will tell. The one thing Jones has on Bear in spades is his mobility, which in today's NHL is very much in demand on the back end. Bear's skating has improved this year for sure, but he still has challenges being beaten wide and his ability to change direction on a dime when trying to defend the cycle could stand for some improvement. Both guys will be prospects to watch for sure next September.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You could be right or wrong, only time will tell. The one thing Jones has on Bear in spades is his mobility, which in today's NHL is very much in demand on the back end. Bear's skating has improved this year for sure, but he still has challenges being beaten wide and his ability to change direction on a dime when trying to defend the cycle could stand for some improvement. Both guys will be prospects to watch for sure next September.
Bear is a right shot, Jones is a left. That makes Jones ability to the make the nhl (at least for us) almost an impossibility.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I can't believe how bad this team looks despite Chiarelli spending the entire first day of free agency acquiring AHL reinforcements. Good lord some of the players he picked up are bad, watching them makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Why are we playing players like Mitch Callahan again? When we should be playing someone like Kyle Platzer in his place to actually get some proper development?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wonder if Josh Currie will get a contract and a cup of coffee at some point.

Starting to look like a guy who might be able to carve out a career in the bottom 6.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I wonder if Josh Currie will get a contract and a cup of coffee at some point.

Starting to look like a guy who might be able to carve out a career in the bottom 6.
Him Rattie and Laleggia are like the only players doing anything offensively. Worth a second look at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->