Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Berglund is spending another year in Sweden so they'll likely have another vet on the back end(Simpson?) and they'll still have Brad Malone somewhere in there but this is a good template. Decent mix of vets and legit prospects. I'm curious how they'll handle the next next year though because they have Starett and Wells signed already, Brossoit and Ellis are RFAs and Skinner could turn pro as well since he's a late birthday. Plus with the talk of adding a tendy to take the load off Talbot at the NHL level Montoya could be in the mix as well.

Brossoit is a UFA and very well may not be back.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Brossoit is a UFA and very well may not be back.
Didn't realize he fell into the Group VI UFA category. That could definitely clear things up, although I don't mind the idea of bringing him back to help out in Bakersfield and as an emergency option. The d core is going to be really young so having a solid established AHL goalie will help mask some of the mistakes that will happen as they learn the pro game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You just never know with goalies but the smart money is that he won't end up much at the NHL level.
That's true, but his lack of progression in fixing the holes in his game is enough for me to give up on him. The fact that he's 25 now just further adds to that. I'd much rather give other young guys a chance at the AHL level rather than keeping him around and wasting games on him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Stand outs from last night (stats wise, I wasn't able to watch)

Vessel with another goal, 2 points all together
Benson with an assist
Bear with 2 points
Marody with 1 assist

Next year's team is going to be a lot more interesting to follow.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Benson with an assist
Bear with 2 points
Marody with 1 assist

Didnt even know they sent bear down, Vesel has earned a contract, hopefully he gets one for next year.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Dallas Eakins and the Gulls complete their collapse and miss the playoffs. Last time I checked they were in third.

4-8-0 in their final twelve games, with an 0-3 record vs the Condors. :razz:

Reactions: belair

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Benson with an assist
Bear with 2 points
Marody with 1 assist

The one thing Chiarelli gets credit for is that starting next year I think we finally see a farm team where we have several intriguing options for callups. Not AHL journeymen, but legit young prospects with NHL potential in all different kinds of roles!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tyler Vesel - 11 games, 6 points
Colin Larkin - 16 games, 2 points

Vesel is a Center as well. I know who I'd rather have signed. Hopefully they are able to get it done but......

It takes 2 to tango and the likely sticking point is the signing bonus and performance bonuses. They should've gotten a good look at him to decide what he's worth to the org at this point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The one thing Chiarelli gets credit for is that starting next year I think we finally see a farm team where we have several intriguing options for callups. Not AHL journeymen, but legit young prospects with NHL potential in all different kinds of roles!

Benson, Marody, Bear, Jones, Mantha (I hope :( ) and Yamamoto are all guys that could play prominent roles next season and all were drafted or signed by Chia. Even if you remove Yamamoto because he was a first rounder, that's still not too bad at all. The following season Skinner, Maksimov and Safin will likely be ready to step into prominent roles.

Reactions: Zaddy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Benson, Marody, Bear, Jones, Mantha (I hope :( ) and Yamamoto are all guys that could play prominent roles next season and all were drafted or signed by Chia. Even if you remove Yamamoto because he was a first rounder, that's still not too bad at all. The following season Skinner, Maksimov and Safin will likely be ready to step into prominent roles.
What is the issue with Mantha?

edit. Blood clot in eye I see, that is scary.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Let's just hope we have a coach down there that can actually develop.

Reactions: Zaddy

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Benson with an assist
Bear with 2 points
Marody with 1 assist

Joe Gambardella with 1G and 1A for 2 points

he really closed well from what I heard

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Christoffer, Ellis, Russell, Betker and Platzer are RFAs.

Brossoit, Simpson, Laleggia, Lowe, Ferlin and Downing are UFAs.

I'd probably re-sign Ellis and Russell to NHL deals, the rest of the first list get AHL deals.

Of the 2nd group I could see Lowe returning with the rest possibly all wanting to move on.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
My predictions

Christoffer- Gone
Ellis- Gone based on how much usage he got in the last half of the season.
Russell- Signed
Betker- Signed
Platzer- Gone
Brossoit- Signed
Simpson- Gone
Laleggiala- Gone. If it was up to me I would sign him
Lowe- Signed
Ferlin- Gone
Downing- Gone

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
My predictions

Christoffer- Gone
Ellis- Gone based on how much usage he got in the last half of the season.
Russell- Signed
Betker- Signed
Platzer- Gone
Brossoit- Signed
Simpson- Gone
Laleggiala- Gone. If it was up to me I would sign him
Lowe- Signed
Ferlin- Gone
Downing- Gone

I think Ellis stays and Brossoit is gone.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
What happened to Platzer? Seemed like a legit prospect at Penticton tournies. The rest I’m not surprised at... lots of tweenerw that never improved. And the Condors had a putrid offense. Second lowest GF in the league.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What happened to Platzer? Seemed like a legit prospect at Penticton tournies. The rest I’m not surprised at... lots of tweenerw that never improved. And the Condors had a putrid offense. Second lowest GF in the league.
Same thing that happened to Curtis Hamilton, Ryan Martindale, Greg Chase, Marco Roy, Mitch Moroz etc

The Oilers are masters at picking guys who have pretty good junior careers and the instant they turn pro become immediate busts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->