Confirmed with Link: Baertschi Traded to Vancouver for 2nd Round Pick 2015

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Kid has boatloads of talent, but he doesn't have the drive to be a top player. After watching him in Abbotsford and Calgary since he turned pro I was regularly calling him out for his inconsistent effort (it became an ongoing joke that I had a vendetta against him). He has a tendency to be invisible for 50%-75% of the game, but has enough talent to still put up decent numbers in the AHL with that work ethic.

i haven't seen him play in Abbotsford yet ;-) so i may be off the mark.

That could still be the attitude of a depressed player. Historically, Sven has never been famous for his bad work ethic.
Probably the move is a win win for Baertschi and for the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
i haven't seen him play in Abbotsford yet ;-) so i may be off the mark.

That could still be the attitude of a depressed player. Historically, Sven has never been famous for his bad work ethic.
Probably the move is a win win for Baertschi and for the Flames.
He was depressed in his first season as a pro? So distraught about playing in the AHL during the lockout instead of in the WHL? Since you don't appear to know, Abbotsford was the location of the Flames AHL affiliate prior to this season. Your loyalty to Swiss players is commendable, but clearly you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
of course we have weird fans like Buretomogilny, but now our board is frothing with anticipation after the 2 goals, clamoring for him to dress against you guys for the series. Will be an interesting sidebar if it happens. He will definitely be psyched. Could some of you be a bit torn? I mean I still want to see Hodgson bounce back from oblivion.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Man, make up your damn minds Nuck fans.

"Calgary will regret this trade."

"Damn, you Flame fans were right, Baertschi sucks."

"LOL Calgary so dumb. Can't wait for him to destroy the Flames."

SvenBaertschi

Not Sven Baerschi
Aug 19, 2012

Yea because fan bases share all the same thoughts as each other. They definitely dont have their individual opinions or anything :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hope he does dress against the Flames. I am that confident he will be invisibly the vast majority of the time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I hope he does dress against the Flames. I am that confident he will be invisibly the vast majority of the time.

He may be very motivated. It would be sad it comes back and bite us in the ass

It's a bad deal to trade him to a rival

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
U guys ripped us of with this guy. I knew it at the time we shouldnt of done it but benning seems to dis regard high picks in the best draft in decades so here we are with a floater who all ready takes stupid penaltys. Too bad for us too good for u guys. Congrats u got us :(

Kind of statement is becoming typical of some Canuck posters. Guy has a mediocre game and he's a write off. Just knee jerk idiocy IMO.

I doubt anyone can tell accurately how Baertschi will turn out. He has excellent skills (especially in his passing) and could be dynamic. Or he could be a player that gets hurt a lot and never realizes his potential.

Calgary felt safe IMO in making the trade because they have got other players like Baertschi (and most particularly in Gaudreau) who are smaller offensive players and Baertschi seemed at the back of the line.

From the Canuck point of view, they needed top six skill potential b/c they didn't have much of that in their organization.

Would say that Calgary did take a chance trading in their own division but they were going to have to move Baertschi and this seems the best offer.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
As a canuck fan I have no issues with his play. He's come in and has been a ppg player for Utica and was the best player on the ice most nights , now he's come to the canucks and looked great.

I'm one that loved the trade when it happened and love it even more now.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver

Lol, only one very impatient and unintelligent poster said this the rest of us have absolutely loved Baertschi so far.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Half of the posts on this page are Canucks fans. I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just pointing it out because it's amusing.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
If Sven does turn it around and have a good career then good on him. It would suck for us but he wasn't happy here, our organization didn't seem thrilled with his play, and so treliving gave him an opportunity to save his career. Unfortunately it was with the Canucks but never like to see a good young skilled players career go up in smoke so if he is able to turn it around, good for him. We will just be constantly reminded of it due to it being on the Canucks.

lolcatz

Mar 6, 2011
Half of the posts on this page are Canucks fans. I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just pointing it out because it's amusing.

Vancouver's fanbase size and online fan engagement are significantly larger than Calgary's. This isn't about one being better than the other, it's just statistics.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Vancouver's fanbase size and online fan engagement are significantly larger than Calgary's. This isn't about one being better than the other, it's just statistics.

You guys have been bipolar about this trade the whole time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I'm just saying. There are separate Flames and Canucks boards for a reason. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me for Canucks fans to be arguing with other Canucks fans on the Flames board when there is a Canucks board for that very reason. :laugh:

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I'm just saying. There are separate Flames and Canucks boards for a reason. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me for Canucks fans to be arguing with other Canucks fans on the Flames board when there is a Canucks board for that very reason. :laugh:

We cannibalize one another so that fans of other teams don't have to fight with us more often, we're actually doing you lot a solid. :thumbu:

I accept your thinly veiled GTFO and will abide.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Then you could simply have a larger Baertschi to Vancouver thread to discuss the trade in. This thread would likely dead if it didn't keep getting bumped by Canuck fans.

:handclap:

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
Lol, only one very impatient and unintelligent poster said this the rest of us have absolutely loved Baertschi so far.

If I was a Canucks fan I would like it as well. Not sure I would love it just yet though. Howeverm Vancouver is as good a place as any for him to showcase his skill set and I will cheer for him in every game that isn't against the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Uh oh, this isn't gonna make little Sven very happy
Doesn't make me happy either.His soft lazy ass would be ideal to face in the post-season.

As the saying goes:
When the going gets tough, Sven runs away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad