Rumor: Backup goalie

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Anyone have any insight on who we will target ?

I have been reading a few links and one name keeps popping up and that's 32 year old Blues backup
Carter Hutton, He was lights out for a good stretch in st.louis, wonder if he would be a good signing or will it hinder the "tank" haha.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Frankly, it doesn't matter. Just get someone cheap for 2 years max. A backup goalie isn't taking us into the playoffs. A backup goalie won't be the reason we fail. It's a minor part of a team relatively speaking.

I'd prefer someone awful for tanking purposes but I won't really care one way or the other as long as we don't do some crazy term or money.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am pretty sure there are good undrafted golie playing in Europe

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I'd hate to see that up coming goaltender get signed to a stupid contract.

No Hutton. Darling like results IMO.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Yeah, as long as it's a 1-2 year deal, I really don't care who comes in when Jimmy breaks his groin again. It's hard to find any passion for literally the least important guy who will be on the team next year.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm good with anybody that comes in reasonably priced for 1 or 2 years without huge expectations.

I like the Hutton idea, but only if it makes sense. If Holland has to go too much over $3M in AAV and/or over 2 years term to outbid teams like the Sabres or Islanders trying to make him their starter, it probably won't make much sense.

Given Hollands usual luck with goaltenders, a Hutton signing probably ends with the guy spending the season at .899, finishing the year on the bench while Howard has some unexpected rebound year. With that same luck, a $750k 1 year deal to Andrew Hammond, with the expectation that Howard gets a clear starters workload, probably ends with Howard getting injured long term and Hammond sneaking the team into the playoffs on some near Vezina worthy tear and a sharp uptick in business for Detroit area McDonalds on the day of Red Wings home games.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think it would be interesting to trade for Grubauer. 26 year old RFA, pretty good numbers on an offensive-minded team and he could be a 1B on this team.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think it would be interesting to trade for Grubauer. 26 year old RFA, pretty good numbers on an offensive-minded team and he could be a 1B on this team.

To get Grubauer, you're putting your cap right back into the Howard/Mrazek bind. Unless you're dealing Howard like now... you're back to 9M in goalies at minimum.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
To get Grubauer, you're putting your cap right back into the Howard/Mrazek bind. Unless you're dealing Howard like now... you're back to 9M in goalies at minimum.

I think with a 1A - 1B, Howard would get hot at the deadline and he could garner some trade interest.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If they want to think a good option Finnish National Team starter Harri Säteri good be a possibility.

Florida is stuck with Luongo and Reimer contracts and he is their 3rd goalie there which could look a better opportunity.

Reactions: NickH8

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If they want to think a good option Finnish National Team starter Harri Säteri good be a possibility.

Florida is stuck with Luongo and Reimer contracts and he is their 3rd goalie there which could look a better opportunity.
Realistically, how much would Detroit have to throw in to also get Säteri in a AA for 15 overall trade?

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Here is a free agent (The Sporting News. I like Czech goalies:
Pavel Francouz, G, Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL): Despite putting up an incredible .949 save percentage in the playoffs, Francouz couldn’t help Traktor get past Ak Bars in the Western Conference final. On the bright side, the Czech national and free agent can now start contemplating which NHL team he wants to sign with - and there’s a lot of interest. NHL arrival: 2019-20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad