Backstrom or Toews?

Champ

Jul 8, 2004
Montreal
The question is very simple! Who gonna be the best players?

Because in my draft a have the choice between backstrom and Toews and I decide to take Toews!

But im not sure if i made the right decision, what you think about my pick?

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Champ said:

Because in my draft a have the choice between backstrom and Toews and I decide to take Toews!

Backstrom is simply the best forward in the draft. You should have taken Him!!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd take Toews. The kid is just everything you want in a hockey player. he can skate, he has a nice heavy shot, A future captain, and an incredibly hard worker.

Nothing against Backstrom who is an excellent hockey player, but if I had to make the choice, I am running to the podium to take Toews

Then again, I think it depends on the team and needs.

If I was Washington with the choice, and really need a playmaking Center, I draft Backstrom.

If I was Pittsburgh and have a playmaking center in tow, I want the guy who is going to do all the dirty work. Someone who can switch to wing and grind, and Toews is a no brainer in my opinion for that pick

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I don't expect the Caps would draft Backstrom unless Toews is off the board. Given the choice, I think they take Toews.

I think there is a good chance Backstrom will be there at #5 when Boston picks. Staal is going to go higher than initially suggested, bumping these guys.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'd say Backstrom is going to be the better of the two offensively, Towes will have the better two-way game. Which of those your team needs more is what they will go with.

Bryzga lol*

Backstrom because he's already playing great in a men's league and the fact that they're comparing him to Peter Forsberg sounds too good not to draft him. He'd be the perfect fit for Ovechkin.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Backstrom is being compared to Forsberg for no reasons other than he's Swedish and good. Backstrom is not Peter Forsberg. He's a whole lot closer to Henrik Zetterberg, but a little grittier. Toews is the better player overall.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Champ said:

The answer is easy ..

Nicklas Backstrom is the best forward in this draft ..

Book it Danno !!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->