Injury Report: Babcock: Polak is done for the rest of the year

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
Alzner is a free agent this summer, no? If the Caps choose to make room for Shattenkirk, it could mean the departure of Alzner. If that's the case, and Polak isn't coming back, I'd like to see the Leafs go after him. He's a guy that can play a ton of minutes, is very responsible in his own end, and can skate pretty well. Toronto needs guys like Jim, especially if this injury puts Polak's future in doubt

IDK according to Caps fans he has nerve damage in his hand and has lost a step. So that ship may have sailed already

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No, it's a fluke play. Roman tried to sidestep and caught legs. Wasn't the hit itself it was his landing, he toepicked and his leg twisted in a way it shouldn't.

We all know he is a gamer and alone tough SOB. Hope for a speedy recovery for the big man. Hope the boys can keep going hard and pull it out for him

Poppycock! Orpik lead the hit with his knee and followed through with his shoulder!

Yes, it was the landing, however, Orpik was plain out head hunting on the hit! JMHO.

If that had been Kadri throwing a hit like that, well, I would bet that there would have been a penalty called, and, maybe even supplementary punishment. Again, JMHO.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Pretty much this same play happened to me years ago except not only my body weight was going over my ankle, another player was jumping on me.

It wasnt broken but severe ligament and tendon damage. Looked like I had a golf ball growing off my ankle. Recovery time 6 months and for about 5 or 6 years I'd roll that ankle at least once a day just walking.

So doesn't look good for him. Wish you well Roman

I'd say at his age, contract status, and already style of play that his career is unfortunately over if this is a serious compound break of his ankle that seriously impacts his already slow mobility.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Babcock was asked about Polak today after the morning skate. Surgery was sucessful yesterday, he'll be in the hospital for a few days and recovery will take a while (not real date given)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Ya babcock said it will be a while before the pain is even manageable before he gets out of bed!!!
I hope this isn't the way his career ends. Deserves better than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->