Börje Salming to hand over the Cup after the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Börje Salming to hand over the Cup after the final

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,532684,00.html

Good idea? I think he was partly picked becaue it will be a good TV moment, since he will get a long standing ovation from the crowd. But I think most hockey players appreciate and have respect for who he is. He was one of the europeans that helped pave the way for all other europeans in the NHL+he is very beloved in north america. So he is a good pick for both sides of the atlantic.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Maybe one of the most respected swedish hockey player ever will be handing over the trophy to his country's biggest rival for their biggest hockey achievement. It could be a great moment for finnish fans !

AgentOrange*

:shakehead

Maybe its because he's a former Leaf player and the game is in Toronto.

Gretzky asked Mike Weir to drop the puck. :shakehead

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
AgentOrange said:
:shakehead

Maybe its because he's a former Leaf player and the game is in Toronto.

Gretzky asked Mike Weir to drop the puck. :shakehead

Good thing Weir only needs to drop the puck, he sure couldn't putt it into the net.

Salming is former Leaf but has played a historical role in introducing international hockey into Toronto so is well deserving of the honour. He is and always has been a very classy guy.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Salming is a great pick, whether the game is in Toronto or not and whether Canada or Finland wins it.

(I suppose Bettman & Goodenow were afraid they'd get roundly booed if they handed it out.)

Mountain Dude

Great pick actually, well respected by hockey communities all over the world. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->