Awful noise when Latvia plays

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Muscle Bob said:
Whats interesting in making noise ALL the time ? I like noise when there are nice moments... but not all the time.. its irritating.. :shakehead
I understand you. I don't like horns but I hate the whistle that European fans do even more, extremely annoying to my ears.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Horns are prety common in Eastern Europe, doesn't matter whether it's in hockey or football/soccer.

Players love it if there is noise all the time. Maybe not the horns, but a full 60 minute supportis absolutely fantastic. Just read some reports from the players who went ot Europe.

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
mikkoz
The feeling in those games must be awesome, i dont mind the noise.
Its awesome when the noise is made in time. (When your team attacks, there is greate hit or goal), but not all the time.
Teams are changing lines - there is noise, they score a goal - there is noise.
That's suck.

twelve

May 19, 2005
Muscle Bob said:
mikkoz

Its awesome when the noise is made in time. (When your team attacks, there is greate hit or goal), but not all the time.
Teams are changing lines - there is noise, they score a goal - there is noise.
That's suck.

It gets louder when there's a goal, so there is a difference.
Personally, I don't mind that kind of fan support.
Just as long as there are no hooligans...

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
YAY!!! Its working, the main purpose is to annoy opponent. I wonder, how come that those threads are started mainly by russians...?

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
YAY!!! Its working, the main purpose is to annoy opponent
What opponent do u mean ? Hockey players ? I don't think that they think about it on ice.

I wonder, how come that those threads are started mainly by russians...?
Hey man, nobody there in Russia is interested in your country. :nopity:

I don't care who are this fans.. If it were swedish I would say the same :)

harper

Feb 4, 2006
I dont know if it is the same throughout europe, but in big games involving the home team they often seem to make much more noise, throughout the game, banging on drums, chanting and so forth. Is this an influence from football/soccer?

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Muscle Bob said:
What opponent do u mean ? Hockey players ? I don't think that they think about it on ice.

Hey man, nobody there in Russia is interested in your country. :nopity:

I don't care who are this fans.. If it were swedish I would say the same :)

Well, not a single player in latvian NT have said that that they cant stand that noise. On countrary, ive heard in some interwuevs that for other players that noise is bit too much. So here we go, thats the main purpose of the noise.

Adn cmon man, i didnt want to show how much russians love us, just pointing out the fact. Theres another thread about horns and how unculural and stupid latvian fans are, and thread started once again by russian. funny :sarcasm:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
They should sing instead. We have some good ol' songs, that fit for playing PK when we are 3 against 5 opponent players.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Sing songs, bang your drums, clap your hands but please stop using those silly horns. European fans use to be pretty good at showing support by coming up with good chants and songs (mostly at club level but still...), and I am not talking about GO "home team" GO!!! kind of chants.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The thing about the horns is that it just doesn't stop. I don't mind the noise when a goal is scored or something happens but it sounds like 20,000 whales mating for 2 hours.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
johnny_rudeboy said:
Sing songs, bang your drums, clap your hands but please stop using those silly horns. European fans use to be pretty good at showing support by coming up with good chants and songs (mostly at club level but still...), and I am not talking about GO "home team" GO!!! kind of chants.

I agree. Those horns just makes Latvians look "dumb" fans IMO. Just cheer, sing and clap your hands. That's the way to support your team! I don't like drums either but hate those :madfire: horns.

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
Adn cmon man, i didnt want to show how much russians love us, just pointing out the fact. Theres another thread about horns and how unculural and stupid latvian fans are, and thread started once again by russian. funny
Big brother should be care of younger one.. :teach: :snide:

The thing about the horns is that it just doesn't stop. I don't mind the noise when a goal is scored or something happens but it sounds like 20,000 whales mating for 2 hours.
Thats what I'm talkin about :handclap:

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
johnny_rudeboy said:

I agree 100%! I like cheering, clapping, singing, drumming but those horns are just so annoying. They sound stupid and drives you crazy when listened two straight hours. I usually like Latvian fans in any sports because they always cheer loud but those horns are just too much.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Zen Arcade said:
Are they more annoying than the horns in Calgary?

Probably the same horns....with the Flames out, I would n't rule out the same fans.... ;)

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Sakaarnis said:
YAY!!! Its working, the main purpose is to annoy opponent. I wonder, how come that those threads are started mainly by russians...?

You are funny to make a nationalistic argument over that. This is not about Latvians or Russians, it's about those ******* annoying horns. It's like working at a factory with a high noise level. Human noise is completely different, it has spirit.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Those horns make me watch the games on mute, they are annoying and irritating and not what I'd consider 'atmosphere".

Sing and chant but thow away those horns. I remember watching a game of Dynamo Kiev some time ago. They had the same horns.

Brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->