Awesome Auston Discussion thread

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I don't see how in any way that play was Rielly's fault. Just an unfortunate incident with two players going two different ways coming together.

The reason I think it's more head related than back because after the game, when they were celebrating on the ice, Matthews seemed to be hunched over as if he was still woozy. But that's purely speculative on my part based on what I saw.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Can we put the concussion to bed now? These aren’t the steps in the protocol

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't see how in any way that play was Rielly's fault. Just an unfortunate incident with two players going two different ways coming together.

The reason I think it's more head related than back because after the game, when they were celebrating on the ice, Matthews seemed to be hunched over as if he was still woozy. But that's purely speculative on my part based on what I saw.

I agree it's not likely his back. Any time I had back issues, the last thing I would have done is bend over like that. Typically, I would stand as straight as a board waiting for the muscles to relax. Whether it's his head or something else, no idea. Either way, they better not be rushing him back; he just needs to sit and get 100% healthy. Nothing could be more important to this team.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
His latest injury looked very Joffrey Lupulish, strange and whacky but he managed to get hurt, this is what always happened to Joffrey. On its own meh but the fact he just came back from injury and then got injured again is worrying to me. Obviously he played a full season last year but before that he had injury problems (broken leg, hurt his back) so I dunno man...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Shilton says they were testing his wrist today. Could be arm shoulder or wrist?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Is there any word if this is a carryover from the fist injury or a new injury? He hasn't looked right since the first injury to me.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

He was hunched over like that after the hit as well. It is a head hit caught him in the jaw. Also agree blaming it on Rielly is a joke.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Shilton says they were testing his wrist today. Could be arm shoulder or wrist?
Yes I would put that out there if I were the Leafs as well but he held his head after the hit and not his hand or shoulder. He was seen on the bench with his helmet off again no one checking his hand or him looking at his hand etc.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
They sure the hell are. Skating hard with out the team is the first step in the protocol. Next with be a practice with the team.

Meh. I’m not convinced at all it was a concussion. His Head didn’t snap back. He didn’t hit his head on the ice. He wasn’t doing the Bambi leg. He grabbed his face and mouth because he got hit in the face. If you got hit in the face with a tennis ball you would do the same. Not everyone who gets hit in the head gets a concussion. I have trained in MMA for years, had my nose broken twice and have never had one.

We are led to believe that the leafs are a conservative team. And they hold people out longer than expected. But they

1.) let a person with a concussion travel
With the team when there was no chance he would play

2.) originally told the press they expected him back earlier.

3.) the trainer checked him (and his arm) and let him go back on the ice.

4.) babcock said he wanted him back in regular game practice already and hasn’t ruled him out for the games

If it is a concussion they are blatantly lying to the media and putting him at risk. Isn’t it more likely it’s not a concussion?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
And here I thought the concussion angle was just TO media being TO media. They wouldn't have let him fly with the team to Philly if they thought it was even a possibility.

At first I thought he just had the wind knocked out of him since he was back the next shift. Has to be his wrist/hand.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
IMPACT OF AIR FLIGHT ON GAMES MISSED POST CONCUSSION IN NHL PLAYERS

Apparently in a study of NHL players flying after a concussion led to 33% more missed games and they recommend not flying for at least 72 hours.

If our team took our concussed franchise player on a road trip that he would not have been allowed to play in any of the games. The whole front office should be fired
The concussion rumors were nothing but pure fabrication. Still doesn't shock me that some folks around here actually bought it.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
I called his left arm the way he bent over and took his glove off as if he got a stinger thru his hands when it happend. Hope it's just a sprain.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
THIS video with the slow motion looks LIke he clearly got hit on the right arm first and then Reilly’s Body hit him on the chin on the follow through. I think it might be a shoulder/arm. Hard to hurt your back that’s way

thats a classic concussion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->