Awards

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Sean does indeed rock!

Here's the boring text version, with some blow-by-blow comments from me:

It was disappointing to have almost half the HFNHL GMs not participate in the Awards voting - including some regular contributors. :madfire: Some of those miss out, as a result, on the cash bonuses they would otherwise have received, but I look on that as a good way to eoncourage participation. :D

The HFNHL is pleased to award the following:

Inaugural "Steve Wright Memorial Trophy" (Best GM) - GM Rob Krueger, BOS (with 4 votes in a very split field - Honourable mentions to Joshua Pitt and Rich Epstein)

Calder - LW Henrik Zetterberg, OTT (in a landslide)

Hart - TIE: C Peter Forsberg, SJS and G Marty Turco, BOS (with 4 votes each in another split field)

Lady Byng - C Mats Sundin, MIN (split field again, 4 votes - honourable mentions to Joe Sakic and Martin St. Louis)

James Norris - D Nicklas Lidstrom, DET (landslide)

Frank J. Selke - C Sergei Fedorov, BOS (split field, 4 votes - honourable mention to Peter Forsberg)

Vezina - G Marty Turco, BOS (in a 15-2 landslide over Brodeur - ouch!)

Conn Smyth - D Dick Tarnstrom, BUF (just edging out team-mate Jocelyn Thibault)

All Stars -
C Peter Forsberg, SJS
LW Ilya Kovalchuk, NJD
RW Todd Bertuzzi, PHI
D Nicklas Lidstrom, DET
D Ed Jovanovski, SJS
G Marty Turco, BOS

Over 20 players received All-Star consideration, which is more than I expected. Congrats to them!

Award payouts as follows:
PHI - $200K (Art Ross, All-Star)
NJD - $200K (Maurice Richard, All-Star) - VOID - NO VOTES RECEIVED
BOS - $550K (William Jennings, Steve Wright Memorial, 1/2 Hart, Selke, Vezina, All-Star)
SJS - $250K (1/2 Hart, 2x All Star) - VOID - NO VOTES RECEIVED
OTT - $100K (Calder)
MIN - $100K (Lady Byng)
DET - $200K (Norris, All Star)
BUF - $100 (Conn Smythe) - VOID - NO VOTES RECEIVED

HFNHL Red Wings

Excellent work indeed on the eye pleasing presentation. I'd hate to think how long it must have taken you to search through the Yahoo message history to find all those old results.

I had honestly forgotten about my teams award filled rookie GM year of 2000/01.
Stumpel as the Selke winner (snicker) and best goaltending tandem of Osgood and Maracle (chuckle). As you can probably figure out those players just happened to get the glory for my 2000-01 team that was built on the 'all defence, all the time' approach.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Great job by Douglas and Sean for puttin the Awards together (see Front page). A great retrospective on the past 5+ years Sean - and lot of fun looking back. Well done both of you!!!

Not to be picky on the web site... where is Kreugs' mug shot??? :dunno: :D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Chuzwazza said:
Doug. i definitely sent an e-mail to you with my votes on it. Dunno if its been sent to your other e-mail adresses but i did send it :cry:

Sorry, Josh - I definitely did not receive it. The e-mail link was in the original mail and post, and is the same as the one from the rosters page. Don't know what to tell you.

On the bright side, it's only money, and with a cap in place it's less relevant than perhaps it was, especially for a team that got all those extra playoff gates...

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston Thanks GMs for Award Votes

The Bruins would like to thank all GMs for their award votes. Awards are no cup, but they are appreciated after a long, hard fought season. The players have donated portions of the award money to the Rusty Bean Childrens Fund. The remaining dollars and cents were used to pay for the team's collective bar tab - a substantial amount to say the least.

The Bruins would also like to thank Doug and Sean for doing a great job setting up the page. This site just keeps getting better - nice work boys!

And lastly, the Bruins would like to state that they're looking forward to kicking all of your butts next year. They will have a new look, but as always, they will compete. Best of luck during free agency, and keep those ales frosty.

GM Kruegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->