Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Yakupov

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
You guys would be smart to acquire Galchenyuk for Duchene while Galchenyuk's value isn't very high. Montreal seems to be determined to destroy him and is isolating him just like Yakupov was isolated in Edmonton.

I think it would be cool to see Galchenyuk and Yakupov lighting it up together (as they did for a bit of time in Junior).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I dont think they showed in on the altitude feed but Yakupov was trying to high five the Bruins fans by the bench after he scored lol.

giphy.gif
Yeah that's my favorite GIF ever

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
This guy is a beauty! Awesome GIF.. That whole celly was the happiest I've been watching the Avs in forever.. Half because it was an empty net, but that had to have gotten some of the team fired up. He helped my cousin promote a new clothing line when he was in Edmonton, just a great guy maybe my new fav Av. have'nt really had one since Forsberg

Edit: Macs my favorite since Foppa, i'll get defensive when ppl start talking about trading him next lol

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

You read stuff like this and Kinda feel for him. It does make it seem he was pretty isolated with his former teams. Really hope he's able to find his groove here and somewhat live up to that hype.

Wow, that’s rough. Hope he’s hanging out with Zads and Varly in his spare time.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You guys would be smart to acquire Galchenyuk for Duchene while Galchenyuk's value isn't very high. Montreal seems to be determined to destroy him and is isolating him just like Yakupov was isolated in Edmonton.

Uh no thanks. Although Mtl's coaches (including Julien) are abysmal in bringing out offensive output, I think it's time their fans realize Galchenyuk is not an 82 game player, he's going to be invisible for several games like he was on Saturday and that doesn't have anything to do with coaching.

If the Habs wanted a Duchene then they probably shouldn't have traded Sergachev for a winger.

Reactions: McMetal and Ararana

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Uh no thanks. Although Mtl's coaches (including Julien) are abysmal in bringing out offensive output, I think it's time their fans realize Galchenyuk is not an 82 game player, he's going to be invisible for several games like he was on Saturday and that doesn't have anything to do with coaching.

If the Habs wanted a Duchene then they probably shouldn't have traded Sergachev for a winger.

So the 30+ goals and 60+ points he put up between Dec 2015 and his injury in Dec 2016 (about 80 games) means? (is it at coincidence that these points came when he was played the most at C?)

In fact if we include all of 2015-2016 and the beginning of 2016-2017 he is 35th in points among all players (100 game sample) :

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...04&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals

Nah...Much more likely he forgot how to play hockey after coming back from an injury and with a coaching change. What a bum , he should retire at 23 , despite leading his draft year in goals/points.

I would keep him on the team if it wasn't for the fact our management seems to not like players of Russian decent (got rid of 5 russians just this summer).

The only reason I bring him up as it would be interesting for you guys to reunite Galchenyuk and Yakupov , especially if Yakupov proves he can revive his career in Colorado.

I think something around Galchenyuk + Juulsen and a pick could work out , but I understand that your team desires a top LD.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yakupov has that reputation for a reason. Best to keep expectations low. I agree that he needs to be given a proper opportunity to show what he can do, because in the past when he's been given a longer leash and a bit of an offensive opportunity, he's shown he can produce. I've outlined it before during his rookie season and his half-season stint with Derek Roy as his centre.

But the "dumb" Yak will show up occasionally, make no mistake about it. It's just who he is. There will be games where you'll want to punch the nearest object because of what he does. Whether it's a blind turnover, running around like a chicken with his head cut off, or trying to go 1v5 up the ice like it's junior.

Now, I hope he can limit them as much as possible because I'm rooting for the guy, but I expect those to show up 100% this season.
I realize I may have worded this wrongly when initially posting it. The gist of it basically is that Yak is not good defensively. He's going to have brain-dead moments defensively where he turns pucks over or looks lost out there trying to defend. The creativity offensively is there, it's always been there. Thus far I have only seen him try to go 1v5 up the ice once and it was against New Jersey. Hopefully it doesn't happen much more.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My judgement of his intelligence so far is that without the puck he's a lottery, with it he's much better. And even on the first goal last night he still needed the awareness to see Rask coming out of his crease and to chase the puck down.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah that's my favorite GIF ever
Definately my favorite AVs gif....My favorite NHL goal celebration GIF will always be Erik Cole high fiving the ref after scoring in Ottawa. Absolutely priceless, the ref was pointing at the net signaling the goal and Erik skates by and high fives him...WTF.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Think Terry will beat his career high 33 points. Tie his career best this year of 17G. Be cool to see him with 150+ shots doubt that tho.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Think Terry will beat his career high 33 points. Tie his career best this year of 17G. Be cool to see him with 150+ shots doubt that tho.
Well, he's got 9 shots through the first 3 games, on pace for 246 shots lol.

He needs to always, always, always shoot the puck whenever he can. His shot is too good and gives goalies too much trouble for him not to.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Well, he's got 9 shots through the first 3 games, on pace for 246 shots lol.

He needs to always, always, always shoot the puck whenever he can. His shot is too good and gives goalies too much trouble for him not to.

Having him on a line with Kerfoot kinda forces you to shoot lol. Give it to Duchene to rush, Duchene needs to give it to Kerfoot to distribute and Yakupov just needs to fire away.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I look forward to Yakupov becoming a regular threat due to the aforementioned strategy before Duchene gets traded for some third pairing non-entity and a pair of 2nd round picks

Reactions: MacBradley

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I look forward to Yakupov becoming a regular threat due to the aforementioned strategy before Duchene gets traded for some third pairing non-entity and a pair of 2nd round picks
Obviously Duchene has to go. And it's been just 3 games. But that line is absolutely carrying this team at ES. I'm not excited for Matt Duchene to not be in this lineup.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Obviously Duchene has to go. And it's been just 3 games. But that line is absolutely carrying this team at ES. I'm not excited for Matt Duchene to not be in this lineup.

Hopefully Jost is more ready once that happens. Or you know... Bednar could play Soderberg higher in the lineup.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wow, that’s rough. Hope he’s hanging out with Zads and Varly in his spare time.
That article I posted a few weeks back said he's friends with Mikko, Barb and Sven and they live near eachother and hang out. They were at the Broncos game together the other week too. It's good that he doesn't have to have just Russian friends too.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Back a little while ago the Avs social media published that collage of Mikko and Teri taking selfies together. Seemed to get along real well, lol.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Barbs and Ghetto were inseparable when they were here too. Glad to see Yak having fun both on and off the ice.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That article I posted a few weeks back said he's friends with Mikko, Barb and Sven and they live near eachother and hang out. They were at the Broncos game together the other week too. It's good that he doesn't have to have just Russian friends too.

Oh for sure, it would just seem easiest to make friends with guys whose primary language is the same as yours. But I guess Rantanen and Ghetto might not have that option anyway.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
So the 30+ goals and 60+ points he put up between Dec 2015 and his injury in Dec 2016 (about 80 games) means? (is it at coincidence that these points came when he was played the most at C?)

In fact if we include all of 2015-2016 and the beginning of 2016-2017 he is 35th in points among all players (100 game sample) :

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...04&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals

Nah...Much more likely he forgot how to play hockey after coming back from an injury and with a coaching change. What a bum , he should retire at 23 , despite leading his draft year in goals/points.

I would keep him on the team if it wasn't for the fact our management seems to not like players of Russian decent (got rid of 5 russians just this summer).

The only reason I bring him up as it would be interesting for you guys to reunite Galchenyuk and Yakupov , especially if Yakupov proves he can revive his career in Colorado.

I think something around Galchenyuk + Juulsen and a pick could work out , but I understand that your team desires a top LD.
Habs have nothing we want ...and no thanks to Galchenyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad