Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Mark Alt for 2 years

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
this feels like an ahl signing, that could also provide some depth to the NHL club. I dont think he should ( or will) be on our opening night lineup, but he brings comeptition for our young gyuys which is nice. 2 years is abit much but i bet it is buriable

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I like it. Guy was solid in the few games he played. I'd like to see him play over a longer period. He might be a great 3rd pairing player.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good depth option. Looked decent in his limited time. They need more guys like this as options to keep them from having to play someone at Warsofsky's level in the playoffs.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Good depth option. Looked decent in his limited time. They need more guys like this as options to keep them from having to play someone at Warsofsky's level in the playoffs.
They chose to play Warsofsky and Siemens over Alt in the playoffs so that doesn’t add up much.

The second year of this deal is completely unnecessary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They chose to play Warsofsky and Siemens over Alt in the playoffs so that doesn’t add up much.

The second year of this deal is completely unnecessary.

The 2 way part makes it seem like they really want him in Loveland... where the 2nd year makes a ton of sense. Establish an identity and Alt is known as a very good locker room guy while providing a guy who can be an extra in Denver when injuries hit without yo-yoing the kids.

Reactions: MarkT

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Surprised they went for two years. He's a fine NHL/AHL tweener type, but I don't know if that's worthy of a two year investment. Regardless, I guess we'll see if that change of scenery from Philly actually drags a little more potential out of him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
AJ with the useless take.

Who is this group he speaks of? Only Timmins and Anderson will be joining. He makes it sound like they have 5 coming in...

Seems pretty easy...

Warsofsky/Lindholm-Meloche
Graves-Timmins
Anderson-Alt

Pairings move up and down on level of play.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I believe he is not waiver exempt, meaning if they signed him for one year and then waived him the chances of him getting claimed would be substantial.

I'm perfectly fine with this deal. He's a perfectly good #7 type who can skate, handle the puck, and doesn't get muscled around. This one won't bite them like all those three-year deals back in 2014 ultimately did.

Reactions: MarkT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Who is this group he speaks of? Only Timmins and Anderson will be joining. He makes it sound like they have 5 coming in...

Seems pretty easy...

Warsofsky/Lindholm-Meloche
Graves-Timmins
Anderson-Alt

Pairings move up and down on level of play.
That's what I thought. AJ and some of these other people are in love with forcing young guys to play above their heads anyway. And now they don't even have too many.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
The main thing for me is that with this signing Barberio is probably out. May the force be with you - you were everything and more that a fan can expect from a waiver pickup.

I'm fine with Alt being signed. Good depth defencemen and probably the first callup when things go south or guys like Timmins/Meloche need more time in the minors.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The main thing for me is that with this signing Barberio is probably out. May the force be with you - you were everything and more that a fan can expect from a waiver pickup.

I'm fine with Alt being signed. Good depth defencemen and probably the first callup when things go south or guys like Timmins/Meloche need more time in the minors.
This shouldn't anything to do with that, but Barberio is most likely gone regardless. He ended up being a decent player for us, who'da thought.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Meh, don't need to as long as he stays in Loveland for the most part.

Basically. He probably plays in the A majority of his time here, but he’s also one of the more capable #7 type guys we’ve had in awhile, so I don’t mind him getting called up here or there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Handing him a two-year deal around two months before he even hits the market feels unnecessary but whatever. I don't really care as long as the Avs/Eagles make sure Timmins and Meloche are the priority. I assume this means Siemens is out if Warsofsky, Alt, and Graves are on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->