Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People need to stop worrying about overpaying players, we're not reaching the cap anything soon.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, like our forward depth but need that second unit anchor piece, especially if the big line is staying together (and why shouldn’t it).

Actually feel more comfortable with the likes of Zadorov and Girard in the top 4 on defense than I do with the combo of Jost, Kerfoot, Sven and Compher being able to be a consistent second scoring unit up front over the course of an entire season. They are all capable of playing a role on such a line and someday a guy like Jost may anchor it but not yet and especially when of those four, Ghetto is the most “experienced”.

We either need that anchor guy or we are going to have to have faith that perhaps Rantanen can thrive being the driver of his own line and not have moving him destroy the great thing we have going with the top line. I mean, if you place faith in that suddenly you have a lot more options without signing anybody. Don’t think we should make that Plan A though.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Sign Stastny. Trade for Skinner. Boom. Second line.

I - would - love - this.

Landy 20g - Mack 30g - Rants 30g
Skinner 25g - Stastny 20g - Andrighetto 15g
Jost 15g - Söderberg 15g - Compher 10g
Nieto 7g - Kamenev 7g - Wilson 7g
Gourque 4g
Call ups 5g total

5.5M x 4yrs Stastny
16th overall + Kerfoot for Skinner

Edit: Added goals scored projections.

210 goals from that forward group. I tried to be realistic with the goal amounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brett44

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I - would - love - this.

Gourque 4g
Call ups 5g total

5.5M x 4yrs Stastny

210 goals from that forward group. I tried to be realistic with the goal amounts.

It’s a pipe dream, but that’s a lineup I’d expect to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I - would - love - this.

Gourque 4g
Call ups 5g total

5.5M x 4yrs Stastny

Add another 40 goals from our defense and we're in business (we got 40 last season). For the record 251 goals is what Philly made the playoffs with (13th in GF & 13th in points), and we had 257. So I'd hope we found a few more here and there.

Reactions: Murzu

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sakic has now signed 3 pending UFAs(Alt, Barberio, Bourque) well before free agency starts.

Avs pending UFAs:

Comeau
Bernier
Grimaldi
Colborne(lol)
Hammond
Cannata
Vogelhuber

Do you think he will sign any others?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I wouldnt be surprised if they brought Comeau back
Not sure what they'll do with Comeau, he had a good year but is on the wrong side of 30. I'm not sure they want to make the mistake of giving multi-year contracts out to guys over 30. I think Iginla, Beauchemin etc. left a sour taste in managements mouth. Not to mention guys like Greer, Kamenev etc. will be needing roster spots moving forward.

It will be really interesting to see what they do with Comeau. I think I'd be ok with a 2 year 2.5M type deal anything more than that he needs to go.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
the only one remaining I'd try to keep is Bernier. thanks and good bye to all the rest.

now, if I'm trading the 1st rounder, instead of Skinner I'd be going after Simmonds. and I'd be throwing 3M x 5 years with no regrets at Roussel.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just because we aren't reaching the cap soon doesn't mean be stupid with your money.

The only thing that concerns us is the cap. What difference does it make if Kroenke keeps an extra 1M for himself or uses it to overpay Roussel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad