Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If we did somehow land JT would we make a trade for another top 6 winger? Role a 1a, 1b combo. I don't know if he would want to come here and play 2nd line with Jost and Ghetto

I don’t think so. He makes a line himself, and I know Jost wasn’t a difference maker this season, but I would think paired up with JT he’d be fantastic. I really think Jost and Tavares playing styles would pair up incredibly well.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
If we did somehow land JT would we make a trade for another top 6 winger? Role a 1a, 1b combo. I don't know if he would want to come here and play 2nd line with Jost and Ghetto

But I'm pretty sure he would jump at the chance to be on a team with Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog and Barrie with Joe Sakic at the helm.

Imagine a PP unit of:

C- Tavares
W- Rantanen
W- Landeskog
D- Barrie
D- Mackinnon

Wow

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
But I'm pretty sure he would jump at the chance to be on a team with Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog and Barrie with Joe Sakic at the helm.

Imagine a PP unit of:

C- Tavares
W- Rantanen
W- Landeskog
D- Barrie
D- Mackinnon

Wow

I'd want Tavares playing the Oshie/Jost role, the second option around the middle/RW. If MacK can't feed it all the way across to Rants he'll have JT in a similar shooting position.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I don’t think so. He makes a line himself, and I know Jost wasn’t a difference maker this season, but I would think paired up with JT he’d be fantastic. I really think Jost and Tavares playing styles would pair up incredibly well.
I agree they would be a good fit, especially in a few years when Jost develops more. I agree JT can carry a line as well.
We have a lot to offer (teams going in the right direction, money, and a nice city). I think we're going to be an attractive place for a lot of players. My gut tells me not for a top 10 player like JT tho with Mack clearly being our guy here, with our 2 best wingers flanking him.
My dark horse team is St Louis. He can be the #1 c and feed Tarasenko.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Imagine a PP unit of:

C- Tavares
W- Rantanen
W- Landeskog
D- Barrie
D- Mackinnon

Wow

Ill tell u how that goes. Mackinnon enters the zone passes to Tavares. Tavares passes it back to Nathan. Nathan passes to Barrie. Barrie passes to Rantanen. Rantanen passes to Landeskog. Landeskog passes back to Rantanen. Rantanen one touches it back to Barrie. Barrie shoots. Shot gets blocked. Puck cleared. 1 minute of PP time gone. Enter the vaunted second pp unit. Hahaha.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ill tell u how that goes. Mackinnon enters the zone passes to Tavares. Tavares passes it back to Nathan. Nathan passes to Barrie. Barrie passes to Rantanen. Rantanen passes to Landeskog. Landeskog passes back to Rantanen. Rantanen one touches it back to Barrie. Barrie shoots. Shot gets blocked. Puck cleared. 1 minute of PP time gone. Enter the vaunted second pp unit. Hahaha.

That's twice Rantanen has to not bobble the pass, and twice Barrie has to not completely miss the pass and lose the zone. Between those two factors I'd say there may be almost zero chance Barrie ever gets that shot off.

Reactions: MacBradley

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That's twice Rantanen has to not bobble the pass, and twice Barrie has to not completely miss the pass and lose the zone. Between those two factors I'd say there may be almost zero chance Barrie ever gets that shot off.
My scenario was sort of a best case scenario thing. I can see your scenario just as likely or I can see Tavares and Mackinnon passing only to each other haha.

Hmmm

Feb 26, 2017

You forgot Rantanen falling over, but apart from that about right lol

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

You know there's truth to every joke, peeps got a hardon for JT but who's he gonna play with exactly thats gonna produce the results we're gonna demand after paying him 14 mil a year
He's prb gonna end up on a perma-line with Mack on his wing and we're back to where we started.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You know there's truth to every joke, peeps got a hardon for JT but who's he gonna play with exactly thats gonna produce the results we're gonna demand after paying him 14 mil a year
He's prb gonna end up on a perma-line with Mack on his wing and we're back to where we started.
The beauty of Tavares is that he's never really had elite wingers. Jost and Ghetto wouldn't really be that far below Okposo and Baileybas far as talent level. He's going to produce no matter what we put next to him, and hopefully these next couple drafts will produce a really high octane top sixer. But Tavares would elevate his linemates with no problem, especially given the matchup headaches created by having to choose between him and MacKinnon.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If that happens we'll just convert Landy to C.. He's been taking enough draws and pretty much plays center in the D zone anyways. Skinner and Jost can just fly the zone like usual, nothing new for either of them.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'd be willing to make a Soda type head start trade for Stastny.

Anyway, I think Sakics plan should be after the big game hunt in Tavares a second line guy and a third line guy. The latter particularly if Comeau doesn't come back.

I'll throw another name out Antoine Roussel.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Anyway, I think Sakics plan should be after the big game hunt in Tavares a second line guy and a third line guy. The latter particularly if Comeau doesn't come back.

I dont want to sign any 3rd liners, we have some ones in the system that deserves a shot.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Still intrested in Sakics "were looking to get even younger and faster"..

Is this just GM speak or gotta wonder what kind of plans he has in store.

Could be a little of both.

Honestly most people should understand that just about any Professional Sports GM isn't just going to give away their plans in the media. Whatever they say is specifically designed to sound like they're giving in-depth answers to questions/plans for their team, but it's all fodder.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I dont want to sign any 3rd liners, we have some ones in the system that deserves a shot.

I agree. If Comeau leaves just give Compher his spot. I think that he would fit in just as well there as Comeau did. Wilson and Bourque/Greer can play fourth line with Kerfoot if the Avs get a Stastny. If not put Kerfoot on the second line and either sign a better fourth liner, but I think they will try Kamenev there instead of signing someone like Beagle.

This is how I see it now:

Landy Mack Rants
Jost Kerfoot Andrighetto
Nieto Soda JTC
Gork/Greer Kamenev Wilson

We'll see what the Avs do in the offseason, as I think getting a second line C is the most important add.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016

Id love it if we added Antoine Rousell. I'd also love us to bring back Blake Comeau and Gabriel Bourque.

Jay Beagle would be a fantastic signing as well.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Rousell - Kerfoot - Jost
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Compher - Beagle - Bourque
Wilson - Andrighetto

We keep the top line intact and have a nice secondary line.

Those 3rd and 4th lines can be extremely hard to play against.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Sodas line was huge this season but if Comeau leaves, and we don't sign a F.

Jost - Soda - Ghetto/Kerf

Compher - Kam - Kerf/Ghetto

Maybe? Pretty young 3rd line experience wise but I wanna see Kamenev get a shot to stick. Not on the 4th line.
Wilson - GB - Nieto is a solid 4th line

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I beleive we've had this discussion in the past, but I like Roussel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->