Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man I don't know what the rush is for some people with trades. Trade Comeau! Trade Soderberg! Trade Andrighetto! Trade the trade!

Andrighetto gives this team secondary scoring and is absurdly cheap. There's no reason to move the guy. And what do people mean he doesn't have a future here? The guy is the same age as Landeskog. This isn't some 30 year old late bloomer. He's a young player who clearly enjoys it here and is producing. Is that such a bad thing to have?

Reactions: Bender

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Man I don't know what the rush is for some people with trades. Trade Comeau! Trade Soderberg! Trade Andrighetto! Trade the trade!

Andrighetto gives this team secondary scoring and is absurdly cheap. There's no reason to move the guy. And what do people mean he doesn't have a future here? The guy is the same age as Landeskog. This isn't some 30 year old late bloomer. He's a young player who clearly enjoys it here and is producing. Is that such a bad thing to have?
It's like an NHL 18 video game. Can't play more than a game or 2 before re-loading up the trade screen.

Good young players should be turned into picks.

This way we can possibly have a good young player later.

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
What's wrong with asking for trades? We all want the team to be better long term. Andrighetto is only gonna decline in worth and it's better if we move him at his peak. It's not like we are competing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's wrong with asking for trades? We all want the team to be better long term. Andrighetto is only gonna decline in worth and it's better if we move him at his peak. It's not like we are competing.
So you're content moving a 24 year old signed to a cheap contract that has produced 28 points in 35 games since arriving in Colorado just because you'll get a draft pick?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Vegas lost another goalie last night. Sakic should package Siemens and Hammond and see the highest pick he can get from Vegas. They are lean in 2018 but have three 2nds and three 3rds in 2019.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think Nolan Patrick will end up being the Greg Oden of the NHL. He came into the draft with a worrisome injury history and has already missed nine games. But yes they could use one more scoring forward. I guess for now that right-handed guy is gonna have to be Compher. :dunno:

Not really fair to compare the two. 40 year olds are typically beat to hell and ready for retirement.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
So you're content moving a 24 year old signed to a cheap contract that has produced 28 points in 35 games since arriving in Colorado just because you'll get a draft pick?
If it's a high enough draft pick in 2018, for sure. His cheap contract is what inflates his value. He is more valuable to a cap team than to us. My point is if we get a good offer for him we should move him, not saying he has to go like Duchene had to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm almost as repetitive as CGF is on his Detroit 1st rounder love in saying that Andrighetto would fit the Edmonton Oilers like a glove. He's incredibly fast, gets to the slot and is on a sweetheart deal for the next two years when Edmonton needs cheap contracts. Plus he's still an RFA at contract's end.

We have another player that Edmonton could use too and that's Blake Comeau. Awful PK. Experienced vet.

Andrighetto + Blake Comeau for Edmonton 1st.

My persistence is legendary

Wait what? Lewis was one of the first cuts after his brutal play in the first pre-season game.. He didn't even sniff the roster

You and your pesky facts.

Ghetto might return a 2nd right now, once his production drops back he won't get close to that. It's not like he's gunna be here long term anyway, so why not sell him for peak value?

We're three points out of a playoff spot with games in hand. I know it is not probable, but I'm still optimistic that the Avs can sneak into a playoff spot if they string some wins together.

That would be the avs thing to do. In a draft this stacked with dmen & wingers, of course we'd screw everything up but sneaking into the playoffs.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If it's a high enough draft pick in 2018, for sure. His cheap contract is what inflates his value. He is more valuable to a cap team than to us. My point is if we get a good offer for him we should move him, not saying he has to go like Duchene had to.
But the purpose to trade him is to what?

Get more ammunition for future trades?
Get a better player in the draft?

Like what's the ultimate goal.

Does anyone actually believe someone is going to trade anything better than a 3rs rounder for him?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So then what's a good offer? I wouldn't move him for anything short of a 1st round pick in 2018.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Ghetto might return a 2nd right now, once his production drops back he won't get close to that. It's not like he's gunna be here long term anyway, so why not sell him for peak value?
And how do you know his production will drop back? How do you know he won't be a consistent 50 point scorer in this league?

I'd rather take my chances on Andrighetto keeping up his production than on a random 2nd round pick.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And how do you know his production will drop back? How do you know he won't be a consistent 50 point scorer in this league?

I'd rather take my chances on Andrighetto keeping up his production than on a random 2nd round pick.

Because of everything that's come prior to the last 35 games?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The media keeps saying Anaheim and NYR are looking for centers. I wonder what a retained sodaberg would be worth? Once again AVS could throw in a depth defender.

If the AVS make a surprise move I would bet it's zadorov but I can't see them giving up this early.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Because of his whole life prior to the last 35 games?

Sorry cgf, but that's inaccurate.

If you venture over to the habs board, you'll get some insight into Andrighetto. Unfortunately, the habs never used him. In the limited times where they used him more than 13 minutes a game, he produced at a 50 point clip. And that's with minimal power play time.

All he's shown, since being in the NHL, is that if you give him decent minutes, 2nd-3rd line minutes, he produces offence.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'd trade Andrighetto first chance I get if the return is a 1st rounder. He only fits in the top6 and there are younger and bigger players with higher ceiling in our system. We got Andrighetto for almost nothing and if we could get a 1st or even an early 2nd in the 2018 draft it would be a clear win.
The only prospect we have with a higher ceiling is Shvyryov.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok, and what about everything that's come from the Avs over the last 15 years in terms of 2nd round picks? Even if we go more recently, you're willing to bet on this scouting staff finding a better player in the 2nd round than Andrighetto is showing right now?

I'll take my chances on Andrighetto.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011

If we trade ghetto for a 2nd round pick we'd just be hoping that pick will become andrighetto in 3-4 years. What's the point?

I would trade Comeau at the deadline though. Don't think he'll come back as a UFA might as well get something for him.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

How do you know he will only decline?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

That would be the avs thing to do. In a draft this stacked with dmen & wingers, of course we'd screw everything up but sneaking into the playoffs.
What makes you think Ghetto's production is going to drop? And why can't he be here long term?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ghetto is likely a player that produces on bad teams, but can't carve out a role on a good team. Personally, I'd keep him around until a suitable replacement shows up... then at that point he could be trade bait.

Reactions: Bender

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
The only prospect we have with a higher ceiling is Shvyryov.

We sure are lacking winger prospects, especially a right handed RW to replace Yak. But I'm thinking Jost will have a role has a top6 winger with Kerfoot/Compher as his center. Landeskog is staying on the top line which means Andrighetto plays bottom 6. I'd rather see Andrighetto sold high for a 1st/early 2nd than him playing bottom 6 which will only decrease his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad