Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Can bitch about the refs all you want, but when you have the 21st ranked PK going up against the 5th ranked PP... it's not going to be a good outcome.

How hard is it to win a playoff game knowing you can't take a single penalty because it's going to end up in your net. NO ONE should be surprised by this as people were complaining about the PK all season.
which is literally why were bitching at the refs.. for pretty much giving them the game

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Dostoyevsky found a warm place somewhere in the Sportsnet studio.

d19aabd6b4e01b9f142fa731e96ba26418603b4303a62aa5bc41e009123852d9_1.jpg

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
This is like listening to bad faith conservatives not want to pay for school lunches for poor kids because it wont fix everything

It's more like trying to draw attention to a crumbling education system and only seeing people complain about no school lunches.

I'd love to watch a game with you, though. I think we'd actually get along really well.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
After 2 periods, this game had all the hallmarks of a game Helly was gonna steal. Then we took 10 minutes of penalties in the first half of the 3rd period basically. (Not helly’s fault at all) Needless to say, the penalties were the difference in this game.

The fact is: Colorado has now outplayed us in all 3 games this series (anybody disagreeing with that is kidding themselves). The overall shot clock in this series has been comically lopsided, leading to big goal differentials (unsurprisingly). Series is somehow “just” 2-1. It’s time for Bones to make some changes. It’s unfortunate that this would occur now because even if bones makes the “right” changes, the stubbornness has already led to Colorado being halfway to winning the series and the margin of error is now so thin. But never late than never I suppose. Nothing about the way we’re playing is sustainable to come back in this series. So something needs to change by game 4 if we want to have any chance here.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah its the PPs that won this game. Refs gifted everything they could and let about 6 blatant calls go on the Avs.

As soon as we went up by a goal it was obvious they couldn't have that. This league is a joke. We already know they game manage. If you can't beat the refs you can't win.
yup, this game wasn't nearly as bad as the score or some posters are making it seem. it was a good game thru 40 then all went to shit

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Can Brossoit fix the PP and the PK and bring the shot count a little closer to even?

Helly isn’t part of the problem. Literally this game we were on our way to steal it based on helly’s play and then we took 10 penalty minutes in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd period. Anybody blaming helly for the inevitable outcome of all those penalties doesn’t understand the game of hockey.

We scored 2 goals in game 2 and 2 goals in game 3 — that likely isn’t enough to beat Colorado on most nights, especially if we are going to be taking more penalties than they will.

Reactions: Orrrules

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Turning point non call on Connor trip, joke league, why even watch WWE level sport!
I think it was actually calling a trip on Appleton when the player steps into him but regardless the Jets knew special teams were an issue and did nothing to fix the PK at the trade deadline.
The other irksome thing is keeping Pionpunk but losing Chisholm for no reason.
The series is over .

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Well I'll give you that it might help the team play more responsibly defensively because it's very difficult to play more irresponsibly than they have been.

If the very fact that these are playoff games isn’t enough to motivate the team to play better defensively, than I don’t think the player playing in net will.

Reactions: Orrrules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad