Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Particularly if Bones is back next year I bet they’ll try to trade Ehlers to make room in the top 6 for someone like Lambert. I hope Perfetti is part of their plans as well.
Losing Ehler’s speed would be unfortunate but Bones doesn’t seem to value him too much.
I feel like the organization should focus on getting quicker at as many positions as possible but especially on defence. They could also really use a belligerent but talented top six guy who other teams hate.
Just some late evening cilantro fuelled musings on my favourite hockey team.

If we go out with a whimper again I don't see any way Bones wants to come back for another year of this.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Here`s the thing tho - the fact that we can so readily identify what the Bruins do to handle the pressure and then use options to break out demonstrates without a doubt that this is something thoroughly coached into the team. It becomes a set series of actions that are undoubtedly practised over and over. Why don`t we see similar signs of coaching with our guys?
At his age, you can’t expect Bones to stay up until the late hours of 6pm on off days.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Uh, he deserves to play because Cole earned it with his play. 5th in scoring, and has played better defensively than most forwards. Weird semantic distinctions you're making there.

Has Bones told anyone why Perfetti isn't playing? I haven't listened to recent interviews. When Barron went down, I thought he was a lock... Because Gus certainly hasn't earned a spot by playing better than Perfetti...
Yes, and it's been discussed to death.

We have depth up and down our lineup, when someone in a specific role goes down, they replace them with a player with a similar game.

It's easy to say put Perfetti in but where? Yes you could pull out Toffoli but now you're taking out a 30+ goal scorer with a long history of production and experience and production in the playoffs for a inexperienced guy.

At this point I say go for it because it's not like we could get worse, but the logic is sound.

Like I said earlier I'd take out Toffoli who looks disinterested at best, and Gus, and put in Cole and AJF.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yes, and it's been discussed to death.

We have depth up and down our lineup, when someone in a specific role goes down, they replace them with a player with a similar game.

It's easy to say put Perfetti in but where? Yes you could pull out Toffoli but now you're taking out a 30+ goal scorer with a long history of production and experience and production in the playoffs for a inexperienced guy.

At this point I say go for it because it's not like we could get worse, but the logic is sound.

Like I said earlier I'd take out Toffoli who looks disinterested at best, and Gus, and put in Cole and AJF.

Yup, it's all about roles. Bones is going to default to experience but that is costing him with how awful the so called experience has played.

Will be interesting if he triples down on it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad