Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche vs Jets - Fri Feb 16 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Also, on the subject of team appointed Nick names I know we have Rosey/Rosie now but.... A month or two ago in either Laine's or Hendricks mic'd up i heard someone called rockpile....

I think it was Hendricks calling Laine that but I'm not positive.

It was Hendricks voice but we couldn't figure out who he was actually referring to IIRC

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
The Little line would get the hard match up

ECL line will be off the bench third, and probably playing against players they can skate circles around. Copp will be a good fit with those two.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Don't get Ehlers, guy was great back early on heck he had about 17 goals before xmas and looked like he would score 40, since then he looks lost out there!

I agree with Sip here, -- I just don't know what's wrong with Ehler's lately ?? He looks like he's "not" the same player, and I don't see him impacting the game like he usually does.

I think he's in a rut, and struggling with confidence ?? I know one thing for sure -- Nik is just to talented to not be able to find his game again. He will, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a hatrick shortly. He's likely not to happy with his play lately.

I'd love to see Ehler's get on track--the guy is "dynamite." H e needs to learn how to be consistent, instead of just playing 2-3 spectacular games out of 10. Should be the same everytime out.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I just don't get it ?? - why are a lot of posters on here concerned about us matching up certain lines of ours, against the Av's best lines ? It really should be the other way around, and the Av's should be worried about matching up their lines against our top lines. We have "more talent" and depth, especially with MacKinnon out.

I think we could put any line out there at anytime, and still win. Let them worry about that. We should win this game with a solid effort, but make no mistake, if the Jet's take them to lightly, they will lose -- the Av's are a good team.

Just go out there and give 100 % and we should win !!!

Reactions: thereturn

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hoping for a less stressful win....although the other night was a lot of fun.
I have been on the Avs board aplenty, they are one of the most cordial fan bases in my opinion on HF.
Think most of us underestimated them this year...I know I did.

upload_2018-2-16_7-43-23.png

Good luck tonight, gents. I'd be lying if I said I had much hope with Mack still out. Someone please tell big Buff to not kill Barrie tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->